Montecristo No 4 REG May 18 (MCRW)

This was my second box of HQ's from our esteemed host.   I smoked 1 ROTT and it was similar but quite a bit stronger and it has been 60+ days since then.  The wrapper is thin and fairly dark but almost no sheen. Cold draw had a light tobacco with light cocoa notes.   The draw was just a bit tighter than what I would consider optimal but nothing to worry about.

The description of these when I purchased them on the 24:24 was cocoa bombs.  They were selling PHP/HQ and I ended up with HQ.  The first third did not disappoint and it was full of cocoa with a touch of leather.   Right away I noticed that this cigar has that perfect ash you want very grey to white.  There is a small tear in the wrapper but it never came into play.   I decided I was going to just drink water with this as it was super hot and humid here because we got about 1 1/2" of rain this morning.

2111305545_monte401.thumb.jpg.d6c6a9694aed34de89d9f0a1bad5ac91.jpg

Second third and the cocoa is not stopping but I get hints of milk chocolate with the cocoa.  Being a small ring gauge I didn't foresee any burn issues.  This cigar burned perfectly the entire length of the cigar. 

1154179614_monte402.thumb.jpg.1670992322743ff0d15f402ad11fa691.jpg

Final third and while there is still that cocoa it starts to pick up some black pepper and a touch of cedar.   If I smoked it slower it would lose the cedar and almost all the black pepper notes.   You could get a little of that milk chocolate to sneak in also.   I have a running agreement with my friend that pushed me to go in and buy some CC with him that I would split boxes with him.   This one is going to be tough to part with the 2nd half of the box.

1944130141_monte403.thumb.jpg.f1ce9788a6cdf29501fd3bcb31c19e55.jpg

Final thoughts on this cigar.   It burned so well that after lighting it I never touched my lighter.   For a small format it produced tons of smoke.  Also it was one of those cigars that never wanted to go out.   You could go super long between puffs and really coax out those cocoa and milk chocolate flavors.  It produced that perfect looking ash.  This is a medium to medium full cigar.   I think with a little more time it will end up being just a medium cigar.  For a short smoke this and the PLPC are my favorites.

2065946046_monte404.thumb.jpg.5de90ea7404d0812f65051d000a6bd7f.jpg

Had never seen this meme before so I decided to create it.  I would be surprised if it had not been created before.

1617566727_datash.jpg.ee85029d21c526625314d207babc7531.jpg

• Like 2