SenorPerfecto

Best $100 you ever spent, cigar-related but not cigars?

I think my first Dupont lighter was around $100.  Certainly less than $200 (early 90's).

• Like 2

I found my humidor for $150 on craigslist. As well as several dunhill humidors on eBay. Basically stole all of it. I'll add some photos tonight.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Monte cigar scissors.  I prefer scissors over other cutter styles.  These are very well made with good steel and very sharp.  They can also be taken apart to resharpen as needed.  

• Like 1

Donatus scissors. Now over the budget threshold, I'm afraid.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, mbflash80 said:

Hotel Nacional Ashtray in Havana...72 CUC is a steal when some guys are on the internet trying to sell them for months on end at 3-4x the price!

Have to agree. Not only is it a great conversational piece on my credenza, I use it every time friends come over for a smoke session. Many thanks to Keith (@CanuckSARTech) for letting me buy one of his, when they ran out at the hotel, on my first trip to Havana.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, JamesKPolkEsq said:

Took my wife out for a nice dinner (~$100) to distract her from several boxes landing on the same day 🤫

This is a strong move.

This is a tough topic, going to go Dupont Minijet. Super reliable.

• Like 1

Took my wife out for a nice dinner (~$100) to distract her from several boxes landing on the same day 

There is genius among us.
  • Like 1

My 120qt marine cooler + 4 Ziploc weathershield containers.  Wicked efficient storage for my whole CC collection.

56 minutes ago, Bucky McSwensen said:

Vacuum sealer.  All houses need one

Agreed. Vacuum sealer and large box of uncut bags from Costco, worth every penny 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Bucky McSwensen said:

Vacuum sealer.  All houses need one

I vacuum sealed a Noella jar in the box.  2nd season of being stored in my basement and they're fine.

• Like 1

The Min Ron Nee book, when it was still in shops, about 2006 for about 80 euros.

• Like 1

The Perfect Draw cigar tool.  FINALLY a safe and sure method of dealing with tight draw cigars.  Everyone needs one.

Tied with the Sensor Push Hygrometers....salt tested them and found them within a point of test value, out of the box.  Work flawlessly, really nice.  One in the top and one in the bottom of the cabinet.  Great info, really nice to be able to read temps and humidity without opening the doors.

• Like 1

Mel Ramos - Hav-a-Havana #3 (1998)
Got a good quality print and had it nicely framed. An original lithograph will cost you tens of thousands, if you can find one for sale...a3dd6ef9fdcb4fadd293b13e21a8a7b6.jpg

Sent from 47171 Lempo 

• Like 1

On 8/14/2019 at 12:08 AM, cmbarton said:

$16 - High Altitude Butane

After years of struggling to get my assortment of torches completely filled only to get weak flames out of them, I followed up on a tip to buy butane specially formulated for high altitudes.  The reason being, these butane canisters refill with high force so the torch tanks fill up quickly and fully.  Not only that, but the formula is so potent that I can set my torches to their lowest setting and they work perfectly.  That means I can go much longer between refills.  I travelled to the USVI and the BVI the summer and brought just my smallest torch ... it lasted the whole trip (seven cigars) and then some once I was back.  A huge amount of stress and frustration gone!

E43AA854-EAF4-4A0A-8DF6-1C0451B891DC.jpeg

I use the exact same butane! Every lighter works all the time now.

15 hours ago, BBS said:

The Perfect Draw cigar tool.  FINALLY a safe and sure method of dealing with tight draw cigars.  Everyone needs one.

Tied with the Sensor Push Hygrometers....salt tested them and found them within a point of test value, out of the box.  Work flawlessly, really nice.  One in the top and one in the bottom of the cabinet.  Great info, really nice to be able to read temps and humidity without opening the doors.

Same here! Perfect Draw tool is something that every cigar smoker (especially of CCs) should have in their repertoire.