WINNER & RESULT ANNOUNCED!! 50/50 FOH's Weekly Poll Comp: #19

50/50 Poll #19  

113 members have voted

1. 1. One will be erased from history, all films and books, which do you choose to keep?

This poll is closed to new votes

So, inadvertently we sort of have a World Cup of giants in the text/film series arena going on here. The Matrix and LOTR are through to the semi-finals... Who'll join them in the semis will be decided over the next two weeks. You know the drill: read the question, vote on the poll, elaborate in the thread if you so desire. Voting participants go into the draw for an El Pres sampler! - Drawn next Wednesday (Aus local time). :spotlight:

5050-flagpole1.jpg

All about 50/50...

50/50 is a weekly poll where we find out whether or not some serious bones of contention questions can be finally be buried or will instead remain above ground as a fleshy 50/50 debate... you know, such weighty issues as these...

If given no other option:

do you prefer Hunnicutt or Trapper in M*A*S*H? 

Connery or Moore as Bond?

Apple or PC?

Smooth or Crunchy peanut butter? 

do you prefer wearing men's or women's underwear?

Sacrificing chickens or virgins?

...that sort of standard fare. 

Vote in the poll and further bolster your standpoint in the thread below if you wish. Poll Votes are public and there's a couple of sticks up for grabs for participants. :party:

Also, PM me Polls that you'd like me to conduct on 50/50 and there'll be a prize for those we decide to use. :thumbsup:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cake walk for Star Wars... definitely no bias from the poll creator in matching these two up...  The random draw sampler winner is @kcmontie !! Congrats!  Please PM your details to me @

Goodbye, Harry Potter!

This one won't be close.   The Force will be with us, always.

First!

And I can't believe this is even going to be close.  Disney can't ruin SW to that extent - it's still one of the cultural watersheds of the 20th Century based on Lucas' 3 original movies.

It’s going way against the current opinion but I went to save Harry Potter. If it were just the first three Star Wars films then it would be straight forward. But with the prequel trilogy and the latest Disney efforts there are too many bad apples for me. The Harry Potter films weren’t good but the books were fantastic (in my opinion)

this poll will only reveal the age group of the forum. in reality there are only 2 good star wars movies, the rest are trash. and though i haven't read books of either, it would seem the star wars stuff is backward transliterated.

kept potter

-dobbs

• Like 2

Easy peasy on this one.

I grew up with Star Wars. I saw the original when I was in high school and went to The Empire Strikes Back on the first date with my wife (we just celebrated 37 years). I have NEVER read a Harry Potter book or watched a Harry Potter movie, ever.

Guess which one I chose.

5 minutes ago, rckymtn22 said:

Had to go with Potter. Star Wars is the one good film and the same crappy story in every other film.

One? C'mon man. I'm not a big fan of many of the newer films but you have to admit that at a minimum the first two are all time classics. 

Even ignoring the less than stellar prequel trilogy and the complete cock-up Disney have made, for me there is enough in the original trilogy still for Star Wars to take this one easily. Star Wars was just so much more ground breaking at the time of its release.

I got bored with the whole kids magic, wizard, dragon and mythical beast theme about 1/2 half through the first Potter movie and never bothered to watch any of the others. I should probably be fair and read the books one day, but I probably won't because its just not my thing.

@MoeFOH I made a mistake and clicked Harry Potter! Didn't read the instructions properly, thought I was clicking to rid the world of Voldemort and fiends once and for all! 

Potter? Potter?! JK, don't be too proud of this magical world you've constructed. The ability to wave a wand is insignificant next to the power of the Force.

Without Star Wars, we wouldn't have ILM, LucasArts, Pixar, the continuation of the Star Trek franchise (yes Trekkers, Star Wars came after TOS, but without Star Wars we wouldn't have the ST movies), all the sci-fi films inspired by Star Wars (Alien, Akira, Independence Day, Guardians of the Galaxy, Firefly/Serenity).

What did we get with Harry Potter that we didn't already have?