WINNER & RESULT ANNOUNCED!! 50/50 FOH's Weekly Poll Comp: #19

50/50 Poll #19  

113 members have voted

1. 1. One will be erased from history, all films and books, which do you choose to keep?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cake walk for Star Wars... definitely no bias from the poll creator in matching these two up...  The random draw sampler winner is @kcmontie !! Congrats!  Please PM your details to me @

Goodbye, Harry Potter!

This one won't be close.   The Force will be with us, always.

I imagine this one is just based on which provides the most nostalgia for the person.

Young kids will be picking Harry Potter. For me The SW original trilogy is a turning point in the film industry and a film that will always be rewatchable, whether I'm 10 or 80. Dont care much for the newer ones, except rogue one. But that is the prequel to the Original Trilogy. Also, theres something that makes a movie/show really good when the protagonists die. 

• Like 1

Empire Strikes Back can sanely be argued as the best movie in history. It is the single best "bad guys win / have the upper hand" movie ever - although I wouldn't kick any French Connection arguments out of bed.

PS - I love Harry Potter, it was an ingenious character invention by Rowling, but come on, very unfair to go up against Star Wars.

• Like 1

I loved the Harry Potter books. I read all of them very shortly after their release, an enjoyed every one. I only saw the first movie though, I had lost interest by the time the rest where released. 

However, the original 3 Star wars movies are three of my favorite movies ever. Return of the Jedi is my favorite, but all take any of the original 3 over the modern ones. I have nothing against the Potter Movies/books but my vote is solidly for Star Wars.  

8 hours ago, Buck14 said:

Empire Strikes Back can sanely be argued as the best movie in history. It is the single best "bad guys win / have the upper hand" movie ever -

6 hours ago, dobbs said:

the wild bunch or any other peckinpah handily takes that title

I’d have to say the title goes to Seven. 

13 hours ago, SirVantes said:

I’d have to say the title goes to Seven. 

ooh, well played sir...

seven is a masterpiece, but a little indulgent. it is so easy to feel righteous hatred of the note-perfect bad guy. peckinpah reveals flaws in humanity and refuses to give you a "knight in shining armor" to identify with. different type of masterpiece for different tastes

thanks for the response, made me think!

-dobbs

I went back and forth between the two.  Star Wars is just Star Wars but the Potter series - both book and movie are wayyyyy up there as well.

However I went Star Wars given the breadth of content out there - both canon and not.  Give it 30 years and Potter will likely be similar.  But SW is the OG and we have to keep it.

It's sad that I had to pause and think about it, but as a 44 year old guy, Star Wars all day.  Now in a few years that may change, but I still remember when Han shot first and the galaxy far, far away was important.

On 8/17/2019 at 2:52 AM, dobbs said:

ooh, well played sir...

seven is a masterpiece, but a little indulgent. it is so easy to feel righteous hatred of the note-perfect bad guy. peckinpah reveals flaws in humanity and refuses to give you a "knight in shining armor" to identify with. different type of masterpiece for different tastes

thanks for the response, made me think!

-dobbs

I'm biased, but the original film TM7 is based on is vastly superior IMO...

2 hours ago, Deeg said:

Agree, but the sci-fi film that was based on TM7 was one of my favourite movies as a kid... (Sybil Danning might have had something to do with that :lookaround:)

1 hour ago, Fuzz said:

Agree, but the sci-fi film that was based on TM7 was one of my favourite movies as a kid... (Sybil Danning might have had something to do with that :lookaround:)

There’s also an anime series based on it that’s quite excellent. It’s a film that’s clearly been an inspiration to many creative minds.

20 hours ago, Deeg said:

peckinpah wasn't involved in the magnificent seven, i was referring to the wild bunch, but yes, seven samurai is much better.

-dobbs