WINNERS ANNOUNCED!! Box, band and general anomalies: an excuse to check out your boxes..and win some cigars

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These were a real surprise,and I think they must have been marketed for the Nascar crowd.......

Great thread, with some very interesting... anomalies!   The three random draw sampler winners are:  @99call @Cayman17 and @earthson Congrats!!  Please PM your details to

What this thread has made me realise, is some people are super picky.   Some of the anomalies I cant even see

My second order from our esteemed host I purchased a box of Punch Petit Coronations (one of my favorite short smokes) and several singles to see what Marca and flavor profile.   One of them was a PSD4 which I put in my humidor.   Eventually after smoking some of the singles I got into the 24:24 sales mostly buying quarter boxes.   One of them was some PSD4 after seeing the description.   I put them in my Humidor next to my single which I had not smoked yet.   Anyways I super surprised to see the single about 3-4 ring gauges smaller (I actually measured it with my calipers).  It is pretty obvious from this picture that the top one is the single and the bottom is from the quarter box.  The quarter box being from a 24:24 had a much better wrapper.

1558378646_skinnyPSD4.thumb.jpg.cc1a987a6b1bde74ee8299d20bfa3778.jpg 

I've actually debated starting a thread on my experience with Por Larranaga bands, so this thread will serve that purpose for me. The PLPC and PLMC that I've enjoyed have all been excellent, but have one small annoyance in common. Each and every band looks like it was glued on by a 3 year old using 18 times more glue than is necessary. The consistency of this is uncanny and I often get glue on the wrapper around the band as well.  

I've hypothesised that PL cigars are labeled by folks on their first day out of training before they're sent along to other factories when their skills have improved. 

Smoke experience is impacted about 50/50 as these are usually so good I like to nub them but removing the band can break the wrapper, regardless of how surgical I am in it's removal.  

A minor wart on an otherwise spectacular marca!

IMG_20190808_155613.jpg

IMG_20190808_153754.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TTP21 said:

I've actually debated starting a thread on my experience with Por Larranaga bands, so this thread will serve that purpose for me. The PLPC and PLMC that I've enjoyed have all been excellent, but have one small annoyance in common. Each and every band looks like it was glued on by a 3 year old using 18 times more glue than is necessary. The consistency of this is uncanny and I often get glue on the wrapper around the band as well.  

I've hypothesised that PL cigars are labeled by folks on their first day out of training before they're sent along to other factories when their skills have improved. 

Smoke experience is impacted about 50/50 as these are usually so good I like to nub them but removing the band can break the wrapper, regardless of how surgical I am in it's removal.  

A minor wart on an otherwise spectacular marca!

IMG_20190808_155613.jpg

IMG_20190808_153754.jpg

I think this Marca is spectacular also.  Have you seen this mainly on older boxes or even on more recent boxes.   I purchased a half a cab in a 24:24 with codes UEB SEP 17.   I have not noticed a lot of glue on the band but I have only smoked 2.

I picked up this anomaly at Tabac George V in Paris:
IMG_6689.thumb.jpg.e57b079853f627bb0b5b0992a30e7b19.jpg
Can't find any information on a Quai d'Orsay Imperiales Tubo ever being released.

I found them in the exact same shop about 5 years ago. The lady said that they get tubed up in France by the distributor
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, BeerPimp said:

I think this Marca is spectacular also.  Have you seen this mainly on older boxes or even on more recent boxes.   I purchased a half a cab in a 24:24 with codes UEB SEP 17.   I have not noticed a lot of glue on the band but I have only smoked 2.

TBH, I'm still new so a 12 pack of the PC without a code and a box of MC from AGO 18 are the extent of my experience. That said, both have shown it.  Again, detracts from the cigar in almost no way and I'd imagine age would weaken the glue somewhat and make removal without damaging the wrapper easier.