RIP Easy Rider

Peter Fonda has shuffled off our mortal coil.

Best known for his role in Easy Rider.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/peter-fonda-dead-at-79?fbclid=IwAR3w5fpb5QLZaTZASSJu8VwV6u09hdZ5ohmX792w2xBqKapm1qynFCYkd3I

He's just missed the 50th anniversary showing with live soundtrack by Steppenwolf and the Byrds.

https://relix.com/news/detail/at-radio-city-music-hall-50th-anniversary-easy-rider-screening-will-feature-members-of-steppenwolf-and-the-byrds/

50th anniversary of Woodstock this week as well...we need another Summer of Love

Generationally impactful. Sorry to see him go.

I'm sitting out on my balcony right now after a 15 hour day, overlooking the Chicago skyline, smoking a nice cigar, and listening to The Weight a few times over. Every time I listen to this song I can't help but be immediately transported to that iconic scene in the movie. It ranks high on my list of all time favorite movie scenes because it so powerfully captures what I love most about riding the open road.  I instantly feel freedom and peace when I hear that song and think about that scene, despite the heaviness of the song lyrics. 

RIP, brother. You will live on forever through your art. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, inter4alia said:

I'm sitting out on my balcony right now after a 15 hour day, overlooking the Chicago skyline, smoking a nice cigar, and listening to The Weight a few times over. Every time I listen to this song I can't help but be immediately transported to that iconic scene in the movie. It ranks high on my list of all time favorite movie scenes because it so powerfully captures what I love most about riding the open road.  I instantly feel freedom and peace when I hear that song and think about that scene, despite the heaviness of the song lyrics. 

RIP, brother. You will live on forever through your art. 

Great scene, terrible ending.. Miss Dennis Hopper as much or more...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1