Punch Double Coronas

The closest in flavor profile would be the Punch 48, although it's more on the dry and lean side. Punch Punch is from a totally different, leathery family and is of no reference here. Flavor profile is autumn leaves, dried fruit (apricot and figue), cedar wood. Sexy stuff. To many aficionados, Punch DC is one the greatest cigars ever made that's notorious for its aging potential. But you'd have to look for medium to dark wrappers, avoiding lighter ones, especially in a full box buy. The box pictured above is perfect, and I'd personally shoot the sheriff for it. They are produced only a couple of times a year and have been hard to find lately. Usually rolled in only one, maybe two factories and have the same box code as Hoyo DCs. BOU in 2011, LOM in 2012, UGE, UGO, etc. This means you don't really have a box code choice, just get any good box that you find. 50 cabs were discontinued a couple of years ago, much to our sorrows.

50 cabs were announced to be discontinued, but luckily are still being made - at least for now.
  • Thanks 1

On 8/16/2019 at 9:42 PM, mwaller said:

Are recent versions of the Punch DC any good?  I'm honestly not a fan of Punch Punch, but I'm wondering if the DC is something different...

Thoughts?

I like the  Hoyo DC and the Party Lusitania better than the PDC. But that's just me.

5 hours ago, joeypots said:

I like the  Hoyo DC and the Party Lusitania better than the PDC. But that's just me.

On my end, after 10-15 years of trying 'em all, I wouldn't trade a single Punch DC for a box of Lusitanias, let alone Hoyo DCs. The flavor profile rules, and it is of course just a matter of taste.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/17/2019 at 1:54 PM, BrightonCorgi said:

They're consider the most full bodied of the DC's.  I like them better than Lusi's.

I find this surprising. I always find them mild/medium building to medium, but very full flavoured.

On 8/17/2019 at 11:31 PM, mwaller said:

Which more common stick is closest in flavor profile to the Punch DC?  What are the dominant flavors?

Dominant flavour, as @99call pointed out to me perfectly, is Wrigley's Juicy Fruit.