Video Review - Montecristo 1 ESLNOV 18

MoeFOH

Great video guys. I like the history on the M#1 popularity. My uncle visited the US in ‘96 from Holland via Cuba and picked up boxes of Monte 1s for the Olympics in Atlanta GA that summer. He told us almost half were plugged. I was fortunate to get a few and the couple that had a draw were magic. Unfortunately the last M#1 I had! Sounds like time for another go...

So gutted. I have a 2017 ESL box, (from a different supplier)  and it's got really friable wrappers, and the taste is super lemony and acrid.   Unraveled two of them, and inside is binder leaf has been sprayed with Preditor blood.    Luminous camouflage tobacco.    Serves me right for going elsewher!!    lesson learned

blood.jpg

9 hours ago, 99call said:

So gutted. I have a 2017 ESL box, (from a different supplier)  and it's got really friable wrappers, and the taste is super lemony and acrid.   Unraveled two of them, and inside is binder leaf has been sprayed with Preditor blood.    Luminous camouflage tobacco.    Serves me right for going elsewher!!    lesson learned

So strange that you mention that.  I have an ESL ENE 18 box, and the first couple were spectacular.  Then the third was not great, and I swore it tasted like rotten lemons.  Thank you for validating me ?.  Hoping it was just an outlier, haven't ventured back into that box for a while...

Sound and video are much improved. Had a hard time staying into videos previously, so much thanks for addressing that. 

I'm a big fan of Monte and have yet to try the 1 and 3.  A 6'er of threes are on the way and I'll jump at the next chance to try a 1 when they pop up on 24:24. 

I think you get a true indication of how good these are, or at least why I believe they are, at the 8:37 mark. Rob's retro is insane.  Now maybe it's just my level of expertise, but I had to rewind to make sure I saw what I saw.  I only can retro like that when I know I'll get zero harshness. 

Keep them coming!

• Like 1

I coincidentally smoked a Monte 1 from an April singles order from some promotion that FoH did where your whole order was discounted. I pulled this out of my desktop humidor and expected little of it because I recalled it was a more affordable cigar, and a montecristo at that (a marca I have been often let down by).

However it was a total standout. Tasted better than some of the better Montecristo 2’s I’ve had. Wish I had bought more from that same box mine came from.