Your FOHQnA Questions for Rob and Ken

Question:

Chocolate,  coffee, wood, leather are many common flavors; when they blend these cigars, do these flavors happen organically? How do these flavors occur, is the tobacco treated in any way?(the monte duma review had dominant chocolate flavors)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Isn’t it always a great feeling when you get home to a package before your wife gets home?  The box goes right in the humidor, and it’s like it never happened.

Practical tips on how to hide bank statements and how to stack boxes so that they look fewer would be greatly appreciated

I just like the moniker "FOHQnA"...lots of genius knaves on this site! 

On 8/26/2019 at 4:44 PM, Ritch said:

Practical tips on how to hide bank statements and how to stack boxes so that they look fewer would be greatly appreciated

Multiple bank accounts.

On 8/26/2019 at 4:48 PM, SigmundChurchill said:

Isn’t it always a great feeling when you get home to a package before your wife gets home?  The box goes right in the humidor, and it’s like it never happened.

Ship to office.

If ever you find yourself being asked, "Just how much do those cigars actually cost?", then answer with another question, "How much did those yellow diamond earrings cost?"

1 minute ago, SmokyFontaine said:

Everyone talks about drink pairings with cigars - do you ever eat while smoking a cigar? It sounds pretty gross to me, but hell, I've learned all kinds of wacky stuff here.

Never been a big fan of eating and smoking simultaneously.  Trying to eat food while it's still hot and puff often enough to keep a cigar lit- seems less than relaxing.  After a meal is my favorite time.

3 hours ago, MD Puffer said:

Multiple bank accounts.

Ship to office.

If ever you find yourself being asked, "Just how much do those cigars actually cost?", then answer with another question, "How much did those yellow diamond earrings cost?"

Jewelry, without a doubt, keeps the questions to a minimum. In fact if done right, instead of questions you get, "Honey dont you need another humidor".  ? ?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Nico said:

How can one actually claim, with or without certainty, if a cigar actually will improve with age or not?

In a similar vein, I really enjoyed one of your reviews which compared a fresh version with an aged version of the same cigar--would like to see more of those (or a discussion of some examples).

• Like 1

Here's one that just occurred to me - What would happen if you clipped the head, lit it, and smoked through the foot? I suspect you run the risk of unraveling, and there is the strong potential for dogs and cats to befriend one another, but other than that, would it smoke the same and taste normal?

• 3 weeks later...

I wonder how to do Dry Boxing since it varies greatly from BOTL to BOTL (someone using lower RH Boveda pack while others just leave CC boxes to stable place for dry boxing). Also, is dry boxing makes cigars better? I haven't tried dry boxing yet ?...

• 3 weeks later...

Great work guys. Hats off.

Have you ever heard any rumour to suggest that Sancho Panza tobacco is sourced from the tobacco fields closest to the sea?. To me it would make perfect sense if that driftwood profile was caused by salt rich sea breezes. Stirring up out of the sea, and being driven inland, and depositing onto the tobacco?

Many non-Cuban cigar blenders source tobacco from a variety of different countries. This practices opens up a wide variety of flavors that simply aren't available from a single geographical source.  

Since Habanos uses only Cuban tobacco, how do the cigar blenders maintain consistent, yet distinct flavor profiles between different maracas? Does the government control the variety of tobacco that is farmed in each region, and/or are the growing regions sufficiently different from one another to produce notably different-tasting tobaccos?