RyJ wide churchill vs petit vs short

I’ve smoke a few of shorts and petits, and prefer the petits. Are the wide churchill similar to any of its smaller brothers? Or totally different? Are they worth to try or should i just keep keep buying and enjoying the petit? 

All very different IMO.

The WC is a very mild cigar. High quality but mild. I always find them short on richness of flavor.

The SC is probably the most rounded of the three. Medium all the way but they can be a bit lackluster. Don't buy them blind. Rob's PSP are the only ones I'd go for.

The PC is the strongest of the three. However I find they vary wildly in quality. Certainly the most inconsistent of the three. Again, I wouldn't buy them blind and I'd want to get some feedback on specific codes before buying any.

• Like 1

I just picked up a box of PSP Petit Churchills from 24;24, they are brilliant quality, I've had a track record of very hit and miss experience with RyJ, but when they are quality I am a big fan of their flavors. I would say the WC is where the majority of my poor experiences have been, but when they're good all three sizes are good.

I'm a huge fan of Churchills' serie.

Petit - they are very inconsistent. And the strongest in Churchill line. I went through the box and maybe 3-4 were very good and rounded. Rest were very rough.

Short - medium strength, very pleasant. For me they are between Petit and Wide if it comes to consistency and balance.

Wide - they are amazing. For me they are milder than Short, but more balanced and rounded.

And there is The Final Boss - Churchill. Different league

I'm a short and wide guy. Petit is to small for me. This whole line w/o talking about the Churchill - for me is a work smoke. I find them enjoyable when I'm not over analyzing them for some reason. Some are more consistent then others. I find the first third pretty consistent on all of them. They work best for me while doing something else where a H. Upmann and others I like to just focus on the cigar while smoking. 

30 minutes ago, crking3 said:

Ahhhh why didn’t I think of this...try the petit royale!

The PR is a very good cigar flavor and blend wise. It just might be the best RyJ other than recent Churchills. It really gives you the best grasp of what the RyJ profile can be. I wish this blend was used in a cigar like the Ex 3 or Ex 4. I would buy a ton of them. 

I just am not a fan of Half Coronas sizes.

• Like 1