El Presidente

Which Marque do you dislike the most?

Which one do you dislike the most  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which marque from the following do you dislike the most?

• Bolivar
    • Cohiba
    • Hoyo De Monterrey
    • H, Upmann
    • Montecristo
    • Partagas
    • Punch
    • Romeo y Julieta

Cohiba got my vote just because it requires so much time down and is pricy.  I get the gripes of all others, but cohiba is the most frustrating for me.  I put too much pressure on them to be outstanding and they normally are with proper time but if they arent a religious experience I want to quit the hobby.

I get that people keep hating bolivar but that is far and away my favorite.  More for me.

• Like 4

Punch for me. Have yet to have even a mediocre one. I've had a handful and each one has been tossed after about 10 mins. 

Hoyo I'm afraid; I just don't like that pencil shavings wood core. There's some that I do genuinely like such as the Petit Robusto and Epicure #2 but the wood in them seems very mild

Punch for me and not so much of a dislike as it is last on my ranking of the list given. Would purchase all others listed before Punch.

Man that's tough, the question should be which one you like the most. I like vitolas from all of the above. But if forced to answer, have to go with R&J

• Like 1

I enjoy each of the Marcas, so couldn't say I dislike any. Maybe if the question had  asked your least favorite....

• Like 2

Definitely Monte for me. The best I've had was mediocre and wouldn't have been smoked to the halfway point if it was a NC. They turn into construction disasters, or as I read by a reviewer here once, taste like "wet ashtray". That was the best description I've ever heard, and nail it precisely. Fortunately I only have two 10-ct boxes (Monte 2 and Monte 4), but I suspect those will be the first and last. 

My favorite on that list is hands down Upmann. Even a "meh" stick is better than most other good ones to me. Smooth and refined all the way through. 

Montecristo for me. Had a couple of really great petit edmundos but the rest have been kinda bland imo. Picked up a couple of boxes of the media coronas to have in the winter and I don't like them much at all.

cant believe Bolivar is one of the top ones that is disliked...love Bolivar's 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, hanjr said:

In the same camp...a number of others I would expect to be ahead of Bolivar in the 'dislike' rankings

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Thirds said:

Upmann - because I can’t taste what others are tasting in this marca.  It just comes out as woody smoke.  Although I had an HUHC this week that was exceptional.  First Upmann where the flavors were detectable for me. 

Woody and peppery to me unless it's an old aged stick.

I voted for H Upmann because I thought the question was which one I liked the most. I suspect all of us who voted for Upmann are also easily duped.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hanjr said:

Ditto. The only "bad" Bolivar I ever had was the one with the gold wrapper around it, and I smoke them a lot!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, grizzlee said:

Punch for me and not so much of a dislike as it is last on my ranking of the list given. Would purchase all others listed before Punch.

Same

RyJ. Just a generic taste to me. I like the Churchill somewhat for some unusual flavors but the rest do nothing for me. I used to love the E4 back in late 90s but they don’t taste that way anymore.

Bolivar a close 2nd. Earthy and ashy tasting to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, mt1 said:

Woody and peppery to me unless it's an old aged stick.

That young HUHC was loaded with sweet, doughy flavors.  First upmann Ive  had with flavor.  I just need to try some with more age on them. 

To me this needs some clarification- are we just considering current production or can we consider discontinued/vintage cigars?

If it's current only, I have to vote Punch.  The current production is mediocre at best, but some of the older Punch (Monarcas, Ninfas, SS1, etc.) are some of the best cigars ever made IMO. 

I feel the same with RyJ.  Not a big fan of anything current, some of the old stuff was legendary.

Conversely, current Cohiba/HDM/Upmann is really good and I've had plenty of so so older ones.

Please send me all of the Bolivar you don't like btw.

Monte. The inconsistency is just too much. They roll too many IMO. 

Bolivar.  It's already been said: the earthy thing doesn't work for me and I generally find them uninteresting.  

Monte. Even with the "good ones," the flavor profile doesn't resonate with me.

I dislike Cohiba the most as the price increases make the least amount of sense.  It's fantastic tobacco, but not my favorite blend and the price makes it rare to nonexistent for me.

I almost chose Bolivar because I just don't like the flavors at all.  There's something off-putting about them.  Maybe it's the heavy malt I taste?  I like variety in cigars, but after a couple exploratory purchases, I'm done with them.

To avoid being a negative nancy, Por Larrañaga is my favorite because I simply love the blend.

I went with RyJ. Only ones in my humidor are a Canadian RE, very good cigar but it just isn’t a brand I think to explore. No good reason but it’s always been that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RyJ for me, which is weird because the cigar that hooked me on cubans was a RyJ Coronita. I had some well aged Short Churchill tubos that I loved too, but I just can't hang with the flavor profile. I think its the rosewater/floral aspect that kills it for me.