Which Marque do you dislike the most?

Which one do you dislike the most  

198 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cohiba- is too overrated and overpriced brand. If Cohiba appears in my humidor, I try to smoke it out faster, so that it does not catch my eye and does not annoy me. I fight it, but it keeps coming ba

This is like trying to pick out which one of your kids you love the least. 

I said Punch. But I like all of the choices to differing degrees.  Of these choices, I wouldn’t even say I dislike Punch the most, as much as I would say that I like it the least.

16 hours ago, SigmundChurchill said:

I said Punch.

But I like all of the choices to differing degrees.  Of these choices, I wouldn’t even say I dislike Punch the most, as much as I would say that I like it the least.

Tough call between Punch and RYJ but Punch for me....I just had a RYJ cedro and that was actually pretty decent so it swayed me.

15 hours ago, LLC said:

I went with RyJ. Only ones in my humidor are a Canadian RE, very good cigar but it just isn’t a brand I think to explore. No good reason but it’s always been that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are RyJ regionals?  I thought the rule was no global marca regionals.

I voted Cohiba. I always keep trying , I really do , and it’s not that I haven’t had any good ones , and aged ones , and I visited El Laguito and it was really nice , and yet , and yet ...the brand just doesn’t do it for me I’m afraid... which makes it’s super premium luxury aura all the more (dare I say it) irritating to me

Cant help put think if R&J only had 4 cigars

2x Savoury    Royales  & Cazadores

2x Sweet       Churchill & Exhiition No 4

There would be a great deal more people here that would love the Marca.    it's just all the dead weight that makes people switch off. 

Romeo & Julieta is like that terrible restaurant, thats right next to an out of the way tourist attraction. Because of it's recognisable name,  it's doesn't even have to try. it has a captive audience.   Even if they dipped them in crap,  they would still fly out of the airports.    It's all your fault Winston!!!

• Like 4

Leave Punch alone! He’s a delightful creature, who has already suffered a deep cleansing by Habanos ?!

I always get treated like a beast when I say this but...Partagas is for me the most overrated one! I have smoked my way through the range, tried all sorts of ages and LEs but I find the flavours boring, and utterly offensive! :) 

*Mic drop* 

• Like 2

See after reading responses after my vote I realized something, I should have voted Cohiba. I voted RyJ because there are a fair amount of misses from them for me, but there hits are solid. Somebody said reduce the offerings to 4 and they'd be money, I agree. Cohiba for the ridiculous price does not find value for me, I've had great Cohiba but the cost is absurd. Anyway my 6 cents

I'm superstitious..i wouldn't vote on this if you paid me. a discontinued marca would instantly become my favorite, resulting in anger, frustration, resentment followed by irrational purchases of the filthy tobacco sausages that are no longer being made. lol

• Like 1

I’d say that the cigars I’ve found most offensive were all Partagas, though a few vitolas seem to generally be decent or more to my taste. In contrast, I’ve never had a RyJ that I really hated, but I’ve also never had one I liked. I will probably try different partagas vitolas at some point. I would be fine if I never smoked another RyJ for the rest of my life. Hence my vote goes for Romeo.

• Like 1

Can't vote.

I've had great smokes from every one of these. Crappy ones too.

It would be just as hard to ask which I liked most.

You could have at least included Guantameras........

I picked Bolivar. I don't dislike Bolivar, in fact I like a good BBF or an aged PC or RC, but out of the major brands listed, it's the brand I least connect with. It is the earthiness especially in younger cigars that I don't identify with. I like aged PC when the earthiness gives way to more chocolate notes, and I like the strength and complexity of a good BBF. Is there some reason we are choosing between the major global brands and the biggest of the regionals (?? I'm not actually sure if they are) ?

Trinidad- even though it's not on the list.  I smoked a Vigia tubo the other day that I would only share with an enemy- cloying and wind-tunnelly.  I adore the Reyes, and the Fundadores can be extraordinary-but "can be" is the operative term.  I know this is heresy, but I got too much sleep last night and I can't stop myself.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Partagas is too much of a shadow of its former self, or at least in my mind.  The EL's and Reserva's are great, but they just don't get me excited as when I first started smoking cigars.

I figured Upmann would get the least votes.  Nice to see that.  I can see many votes for R&J, but they've turned the marca around big time in the last few years. 

• 1 year later...

To posters who genuinely dislike a marca -- 

Did you used to like it? Did the dislike grow on you? 

I'm about 10 years into cigars but < 1 into CC's, and every! single! one! is magical in its own way. Can only dream of the day when I say, no thanks, I've had enough of how you get rosewater and cherries out of burned tobacco. 

Cohiba. Tried a lot of Vitolas and never been impressed. Far too lackluster for the money.

In their price range I would expect near perfect consistency too - and in my experience they don’t deliver on that either.

Only exception being medio siglo, which I have enjoyed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1