El Presidente

Feast for the senses: cognac and cigar pairing

I’m woefully inexperienced at trying Cognac.   I’ve liked what i’ve had, but I struggle sussing out individial flavors in anything.  Within reason.    I mean, canned asparagus tastes like... well, asparagus.   When I get something distinct in a cigar it’s like the Red Sea parting and quite an exciting event.   I’m still very Neanderthal about it I’m afraid.  It’s still “smoke I like” vs. “smoke I don’t like”.  

Interesting read, but very simplistic.  

I suppose for a Neanderthal like me....

• Haha 2

Cognac is my favorite spirt and a great match for a cigar after a special dinner. That being said, I am really enjoying pairing a cigar with Santiago de Cuba 20.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

If @jay8354, @Fuzz and @Luca was at a cigar get together with me and some Remy Martin XO was served out you'd see a very bright mood develop...and quickly! 😅

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JohnS said:

If @jay8354, @Fuzz and @Luca was at a cigar get together with me and some Remy Martin XO was served out you'd see a very bright mood develop...and quickly! 😅

Mood or shade? I know Jase turns bright red when he drinks.... :rotfl:

• Haha 2

Yes Cognac is a great match with smoke. It’s a shame so much Cognac is rubbish though.

• Like 1

Not that big on Cognac as I use to be.  Prefer Irish Whiskey or Dark Rum if I want a spirit with a cigar.

Champagne and Madeira are two favorite alcohol's with a cigar.

• Like 1

A basic guide. I agree with most of it. So many people when trying cigars and cognacs will choose a full bodied cigar and a VS or VSOP cognac and miss out on so much the two could have done for each other. Dont go cheap either when it comes to cognacs. Buying a $40 XO versus a $150 XO when pairing it with a cigar. The $150 bottle will show taste and feel so much better.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1