Ramon Allones Specially Select MSU SEP 18 (RASLRRW)

Ok the last time I reviewed this I made up a crazy cocktail.   This time I wanted to pair the perfect beer with this cigar an I believe I did.   One of my favorite breweries is Bells Brewing out of Kalamazoo, MI.   They make an amazing cherry stout.  If you ever make it to their brew pub definitely order one they offer to serve it at a warmer temp in a brandy snifter.  The cherry smell and flavor really comes out.   Well they released their cherry stout in a bourbon barrel aged version and it is amazing.   This RASS was from a quarter box I ordered that was a Monday clearance.   I would guess based on looking at it that it would rate at least HQ it has some really good sheen.

588853359_RASScherrystout1.thumb.jpg.392eb51ef3274d39701bc6c390d9c9e4.jpg

First third and I am getting a touch of vegetal but mostly creme.  It's windy out and I hope it is not going to cause problems with the burn.   Sorry for the crappy pics I didn't get out to smoke it until it was dark.

1001713286_RASScherrystout2.thumb.jpg.f5a9bd421200fcb8735cec0078939c84.jpg

2nd third and this cigar really starts to shine.   Lots of dried fruit and a touch of stout.  It seems to be burning ok.   I had to do a couple minor touch ups but it is still really windy.

1283395069_RASScherrystout3.thumb.jpg.f8bf4bc3c527432c941452795d19c5c6.jpg

Final 3rd is as good as the first third.   Same dried fruit with a touch of stout.  This one is considerably better than the previous one I purchased last year as a single.  I am definitely going to have to purchase some more of these.   The wrapper was amazing the perfect amount of sheen.

590774271_RASScherrystout4.thumb.jpg.94ee1815d3af183a45ab1db11d2a7d18.jpg

• Like 3