Box code LOME ENE 18

Hi everyone, its been a while since I've been on here.  I was recently gifted a box of siglo 6 with this code, and i havent seen too much about this factory code...wondering if it is legit.  Sticks look great and flavor is pretty good.  I tried checking the serial number on the habanos website but the site isnt working correctly.   

1 hour ago, lovethehaze said:

Like like maybe should be 2000 -2003 ... and el Lagito

It does look like the 2000 El Laguito code from CCW EXCEPT the OP is saying they're Siglo VI, which wasn't introduced until 02. So something's fishy.

The font is fine though. That blocky-style font was common from 98-01. 

Would like to see more pics of the box and its contents though...

• Like 1

It does look like the 2000 El Laguito code from CCW EXCEPT the OP is saying they're Siglo VI, which wasn't introduced until 02. So something's fishy.
The font is fine though. That blocky-style font was common from 98-01. 
Would like to see more pics of the box and its contents though...

Except the box says 18

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here are some pics...also the parchment paper isnt the standard one in the boxes...i found that strange...  The story behind it is that my friend who is Cuban had someone from Cuba send him some boxes, and that's how i got one.  I know it sounds like your typical Cuba story, and my friend isnt a cigar smoker at all, so he really doesn't know much in regards to being legit.  

20190903_223216.jpg

20190903_223229.jpg

20190903_223122.jpg

20190903_223142.jpg

Something is def suspect. Bands are not right for 18. Didn’t make in 2000 when code was used. Stickers on left side should be one on top of the other not next to one another. Even varnish on box doesn’t look like it’s right, like diff colors which could be for many reasons. U say they smoked good enjoy them but if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck .... it’s a duck not a VI from 18. But I’m no expert so strictly my opinion. 

On the one example where you can see the face it seems to be missing a white boundary (upper right quadrant) when it should be perfectly centered.

Maybe more pictures of individual sticks (with the face showing) would indicate if this is an issue on the other sticks.

Guest Nekhyludov

In my experience, any cigar(s) that come with a story are not legitimate. No point in scrutinizing bands, boxes, stamps, and sticks. They're bunk.

Initially, i thought there were holograms on the top and bottom of the band , but when i looked closer, it is just an imprint.    

I with the consensus on this one...I was hoping I got a great box, but as the saying goes..if its too good to be true...

• 4 weeks later...