Recommended Posts

On 1/7/2020 at 11:12 AM, JohnS said:

I think @Luca can verify better than myself, but my understanding is that they are glued over the original band.

Yep....glued over the original band. From memory I think the Gov here want the plain band to remove/destroy the original band if someone tries to take it off.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cigars and tobacco are a tough business in Canada.  And with the idiotic plain packaging rules that are coming into effect; the death march begins.  The Toronto LCDH will shutter its' doors forever De

I know that this might not seem like much consolation, but there is the black market. Support our local black-marketeer, pirate!!! All hail the King!.   On a more somber note... I will

What an amazing afternoon. Arrived half hour before my scheduled lunch. I was warmly greeted by a gentleman who I believe was Francisco and was shown around. Chatting about various topics wh

Posted Images

51 minutes ago, Luca said:

Yep....glued over the original band. From memory I think the Gov here want the plain band to remove/destroy the original band if someone tries to take it off.

Correct. The glue used must be strong enough to destroy the original band if someone attempts to remove the plain packaging band.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Aus Government are real party poopers arnt they @Fuzz?

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Fuzz said:

Correct. The glue used must be strong enough to destroy the original band if someone attempts to remove the plain packaging band.

Is this accurate? I would say it's been about a year since I last did it, but I have occasionally bought a single of a limited cigar of some kind (LE, RE etc) from either Alexanders or the LCDH in Melbourne. I have always found that the green band was paper, held at the back with sticky tape. Easy to remove by unpicking the tape, no damage to the real bands underneath, definitely no glue. If it was a double banded cigar sometimes they would have removed one of the bands presumably as the green label wasn't big enough to cover both.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ATGroom said:

Is this accurate? I would say it's been about a year since I last did it, but I have occasionally bought a single of a limited cigar of some kind (LE, RE etc) from either Alexanders or the LCDH in Melbourne. I have always found that the green band was paper, held at the back with sticky tape. Easy to remove by unpicking the tape, no damage to the real bands underneath, definitely no glue. If it was a double banded cigar sometimes they would have removed one of the bands presumably as the green label wasn't big enough to cover both.

The legislative intent is accurate. 

The execution is "lenient"

Let's not discuss it too openly ;)

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.