Tool - Fear Inoculum

Ethernut

Dang gents.. This is a freaking masterpiece. Been on repeat since release. I must admit I don't have the same anger or aversion for certain things that Maynard does, but the music is incredible. If you liked Tool in the 90's and have been hiding under a rock (since Taylor Swift fans are pissed she's getting bounced out of the charts by an old 90's metal band), go check it out on your fave streaming service....

5 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

only thing i know about this bloke - i doubt i have ever heard a thing he/they have done - is that he is a massive wine fan and especially of grange. good mate of peter gago who makes grange. 

I’ve observed that success allows us to explore our eccentricities. He’s definitely that. Yes big wine fan and wine maker as I understand. Hope you’re doing well Ken!

I am a huge Tool fan, ever since they released AEnema. Been listening to this album over and over since official release, was a bit odd at first but now and I'm liking it more and more.

It's somewhat of a return to the music of Lateralus, which to me is simply their masterpiece, and of of the best rock/metal albums ever.

This one is more melodic, not as heavy but equally as good. It's good to see the band evolving, without being stuck doing the same thing over and over for 30 years, like so many other metal bands do.

Now I just hope it doesn't take them another 13 years to release another one.

Normally for me music is just in the background but certain albums (Porcupine Tree albums comes to mind) require your attention. So today I grabbed a Monsdale put on my headphones and listened to the new Tool album.

Really enjoyed it and glad my first listen was without distractions other than the great Mondale that lasted a few minute longer than the album.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Yuuuge Tool fan since their first album when I was stationed in Germany 92-94. II had a subscription to "This is alternative" that would send a series of alternative music videos on VHS. Thats where I found bands like Tool, Ministry, Clutch, Butthole Surfers etc. Tool has been hands down one of my all tiime favs. When Maynard came out with Blood into Wine I watched that several times. Even got a young buddy from AZ interested in Tool from that video as he would tease me by going to Caduceus Cellars or concerts. I finally went down to Cadudeus Cellars in Jerome AZ back in April and visited several other shops and vineyards that Maynards invovled in. He's more than a participant in the industry as he has helped pioneer winemaking in AZ which is no slouch. For awhile people have debated what the meaning of 46 & 2 was. In the documentatry Blood into Roses on his vineyards he's digging a hole and planting vines talking about the genetic similarities between people and grape vines. 44 Autosomes and 2 Chromosones are currently the foundation of human DNA and the believed next step in human evolution will be 46 Autosomes and 2 Chromosomes. Grape vines vary in thier makup of 19 different chromosomes depending on type and he talks about complexity. Maynard is a wine maker first and a musician second. When the vineyard needs expansion funds he comes out with a new album with one of his three bands and tours. I also got to speak with the tasting room manager, Brian Sullivan, who hinted that there is an update coming to Blood into WIne. I'm so looking forward to it. The new album, sounds a bit more mellow than their first two as with wine they mellow with age. 

D-AYzVsOoXMnmf1yIny7740B9Nic3g33fJGfqzuzT2Uy86uYUBW6LD0EFBW4nchawcdSgJ6t1hAgfsvMZXpch7Wv0l1LUikISG9NhjR9T_pLEKT6MxDLrc11GWHdfECM6aO3WFCMhwiG7lMmYT4kO8fZIJRPQO0g0Ci44KcO1jp1DAh1Mb3yX139k9k9vxQQWG_ohxmEeua7pp1g7xKyZdw209l7ZzDe9Dlmm_h-RtMBqseRNnmIGNFfrOHLpuWRfwAD_g5uufxiKw6sSyscCm6EA0AY4TgW5Z_5bp-WRsK8fuWf84AXSowaJRAKuJ8One0uvtDpoxg0GOPcs5yCQgK6ajBRh6v_FuF5qJ6kvsrhnxTiBvQJTnxzRwr4SwGBBr_2lk9H4fErC85OOBrLnkdMzK9J5H_6bWZmfe71agYGNbqiSBXk7U8I6xL4b8fwgw2KyfUzqQK8G_7LwKZWV3NCv3JQrmxdSWpW3OKhaQyme-Z_f9g_WBke4ON_-U12wxfE-ljod_qyp9jjxMQo3tb5nxSVNdB8JCZlFZwnzu5cVaoXZzhJ8H2VEg6w7c3eMe-bwy_Y8WFF7tBAxtQXp504Q5Tt9J6DJSHp7hAJP1BGCI4Pc419Egg_2MoYjHrqDGhTNyspxGnMRGIMTl9mbSuY1xSCGUbgvt9KR2-bbILF0-5ACGoH9Cg1=w2408-h1805-no