Band on or off.

Bands and lighting a cigar.   

202 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’ve found out the hard way a few times that it’s too easy to ruin a cigar right at the start by removing a band early. The bands stay on for me.

Band on.  I enjoy the experience of smoking the cigar and looking at it too.  Taste, smell, and see. 

*I'd prefer to leave the bands on, but if it's a band taking up 3/4 the length of the cigar, then after smoked for awhile & the glue on the band loosens it; off it comes.

On 9/9/2019 at 12:00 AM, cigcars said:

*I'd prefer to leave the bands on, but if it's a band taking up 3/4 the length of the cigar, then after smoked for awhile & the glue on the band loosens it; off it comes.

This^^^^.  

I have ruined enough cigars over the years by taking the band off early that I wait until the ash comes a few centimeter away from the band.  By then the glue has usually melted enough to take the band off safely.

In the end, what other people think of me, is several steps down the priority list from ruining a good cigar.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Pre light ritual.....

check to see if band is loose enough to slide around with very minimal pressure....

if it is...the first two things that go through my thoughts are this.

1. The torcedor knows what they were doing and didn't make a kindergarten project out of the cigar......2. The cigar has rested long enough for it lose enough moisture to shrink down a bit.

If it is loose enough I'll slide it off before the flame.  If not, I'm probably making a mistake putting a flame to it.

:unknown:

• Thanks 1

Did you say take the band or bands off?
a4114ba02cff120f9c0a67531630b555.jpg

With those bands I leave them on and smoke through them, like a true alpha .

With regular bands I leave them on the first quarter. Mostly because I want to snap a picture for my journal. After that I take the band of. The band I always positioned in the place where I’m holding the cigar, and I don’t like the feeling of the paper. I much rather feel the texture of the cigar itself.
  • Haha 1