Your thoughts on a dedicated FOH member trade day?

1 hour ago, bundwallah said:

Interesting idea., Time to rain on the parade. ⛈️  :P How do we manage the pitfalls?  

• Outright fraud. Someone doesn't send theirs and claims it was "lost in the mail".  I know there is some safeguards from a "goodwill" standpoint and minimum membership thresholds, but there is always one in the crowd who might take the risk of a ban to get a box of something they highly covet while ditching something they don't.
  • Actual lost in the mail scenarios.  I don't think the sender should be on the hook unless they screwed up on their part in sending it.  The receiver should get their box back IMO.
  • Discrepancies in what was sent. Either by amounts, appearance is different from what was pictured, condition is different.
  • Someone gets someone elses "dud's" that really are horrible smokes that no amount of time can fix.  It's one thing to give up a box of cigars you're not personally enjoying. But if you're giving it up because every single one you've smoked tastes like :cowpoop:.  Then IMO you're foisting your problem on someone else and possibly benefiting.  

How do you enforce they were purchased from FOH?

How do you enforce someone passing on their fakes for receiving the real deal?  

I agree fraud can/will happen. There is always one bad apple in the basket to stink up the good fruit. 

Food for thought!

44 minutes ago, MD Puffer said:

Help me understand- how is this different than the trade thread that already exists?

You took the words right out of my mouth. The dedicated trade sub-forum is open for business 24/7 as well. I'm confused as to how this would be different/superior?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NYgarman said:

How do you enforce they were purchased from FOH?

How do you enforce someone passing on their fakes for receiving the real deal?  

I agree fraud can/will happen. There is always one bad apple in the basket to stink up the good fruit. 

Food for thought!

You buy the seller. 

It is a trade. It is not sheep stations. 

If fraud is perpetrated, they are outed from the forum. 

the day you don't do something because of the 1% is the day you roll over and die. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MD Puffer said:

Help me understand- how is this different than the trade thread that already exists?

One day a month in the waterhole. 

it is like speed dating :D

If anything, I think it will  shine a light on the trading room. 

11 hours ago, bundwallah said:

Interesting idea., Time to rain on the parade. ⛈️  :P How do we manage the pitfalls?  

• Outright fraud. Someone doesn't send theirs and claims it was "lost in the mail".  I know there is some safeguards from a "goodwill" standpoint and minimum membership thresholds, but there is always one in the crowd who might take the risk of a ban to get a box of something they highly covet while ditching something they don't.
  • Actual lost in the mail scenarios.  I don't think the sender should be on the hook unless they screwed up on their part in sending it.  The receiver should get their box back IMO.
  • Discrepancies in what was sent. Either by amounts, appearance is different from what was pictured, condition is different.
  • Someone gets someone elses "dud's" that really are horrible smokes that no amount of time can fix.  It's one thing to give up a box of cigars you're not personally enjoying. But if you're giving it up because every single one you've smoked tastes like :cowpoop:.  Then IMO you're foisting your problem on someone else and possibly benefiting.  

Again, you need to buy the seller.  Everyone has a different risk tolerance.  Fraud is outed publicly via a dedicated procedure.  

Lost in the mail scenarios are rare. We should know. 1 in 200 transactions or thereabouts.  If it is a valuable trade, insist on the tracking. 

Discrepancies, rate the trader poorly. 

Duds? we are trading cigars we don't like.  Poorly constructed cigars should be detailed as such. i will offer a lesser trade. Hell, maybe the trader has lungs like Ken or stores his cigars at 80% RH.  At a trade, I am happy to put up a few sticks to find out. 

Again, it would not be sheepstations. ;)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, El Presidente said:

One day a month in the waterhole. 

it is like speed dating :D

If anything, I think it will  shine a light on the trading room. 

Speed dating?  That’s the best analogy you could come up with?  

10 dates. Rehearsed conversation. One night. Never any action!

CB4CED48-69EC-4636-B67B-91326F5CE631.jpeg

• Haha 1

I like this idea a lot.   I know we have a trading forum but I think most people overlook it.   I think this would spur people to get more into trading.   I think the biggest difference is you are marketing this as getting rid of cigars that you are not a fan of so that people that are can enjoy them.

Should have kept my Connie As for the trade! Never liked any of the 25 I smoked but I finished it regardless.. seeing how highly rated it is on this forum I guess it would qualify as someone else's treasure

7 minutes ago, Meklown said:

Should have kept my Connie As for the trade! Never liked any of the 25 I smoked but I finished it regardless.. seeing how highly rated it is on this forum I guess it would qualify as someone else's treasure

A trade I would not hesitate to make 

Finally I can get rid of these damn Gurkhas!
Foh sourced only would make that difficult, unless robs been selling gurkhas haha.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

There is some experience at my regional cigar forum. It's a cigar exchange. No hard rules. Any reason: extra cigars, do not like, tired. CC and NC, no restrictions. The main rules - no money, confirm the origin of, publicly presented photos.

Fraud protection - traditional personal contact, presence at the forum, the limit of the first exchange.

Negative points: insolents offer in exchange for my good cigars - slag cigars, bought on sale at online stores from the United States.

Positive: beginners often offert to interesting cigars that they could not understand due to lack of experience.