WINNER ANNOUNCED!! Potential Fakes in Cuba : your stories

On 9/21/2019 at 7:00 AM, Ryan said:

Last thing, constipation in Cuba can be a thing. Maybe it's the rum I don't know. If you forget your medication, try the burger in Bar Monserrate (and I love the place). If you really need to get it sorted out quickly, order the shrimp. 

The ropa vieja at the old yacht club is a good cleanser albeit a bit explosive. Bring a change of clothes or better yet, a hazmat suit.

• Like 1

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Forget the shake down tax. I'm still thinking about condom pizza. I mean wtf? Seriously wtf am I going to eat all week when I go there? Is coffee brewed with dirt? Is rum rusty water? Is bread full if

I agree with you @El Presidente that it is hard to get surprised by scams anymore in Cuba - the ingenuity is limitless ... from Cristal beer cans containing water to fake Santiago rum to using melted

One of by bucket list wishes is to meet and have a long sloppy lunch with the guy who makes, markets/distributes the glass top boxes . They are everywhere in central and south america....every bar, ev

14 hours ago, nino said:

All I have is time @Ryan .... would be a pleasure. Call me.

Super, I'll do that. It'll be good to meet up again!

13 hours ago, Drguano said:

The ropa vieja at the old yacht club is a good cleanser albeit a bit explosive. Bring a change of clothes or better yet, a hazmat suit.

I remember now, you were a bit green around the gills that day alright!

On 9/25/2019 at 4:54 AM, El Presidente said:

they use the line readily because it works so well :D

I remember a gorgeous girl walked up the steps of a hotel as we were walking out and she approached the oldest of our group (ken wasn't there), with a yelp and a hug "so great to see you again!!!". 

It was his first trip to havana. :rolleyes:

Needless to say she came to dinner with the 5 of us. Halfway through dinner she announced she was $100 USD short for of her mothers $5000 Kidney operation.  I don't need to go into the detail of what she was prepared to do for the $100. 

I am still chuckling now when **** pulled us aside and said " Let's just give her the money and make sure her mum is OK". :rotfl:

I have some great hearted mates.....stupid.....but huge hearts :D

and no. she didn't get any money. 

(ken wasn't there)

?

• 2 weeks later...

Well, this thread was a wild ride! That aside, I missed the fact that El Pres had offered a sampler prize... My apologies :whistle:

To that end, the random draw winner is @RichUK !!

Congrats!! :party:

Please PM your details to me @MoeFOH and we'll arrange dispatch of your prize. 

Thanks to all who participated! :thumbsup:

• Like 2

And this was just starting to get good! I have tales I'll save for the next I guess...

4 hours ago, MoeFOH said:

Well, this thread was a wild ride! That aside, I missed the fact that El Pres had offered a sampler prize... My apologies :whistle:

To that end, the random draw winner is @RichUK !!

Congrats!! :party:

Please PM your details to me @MoeFOH and we'll arrange dispatch of your prize. 

Thanks to all who participated! :thumbsup:

The prize is fittingly a glass top box of cohiba and a condom dominos right?

• Haha 2