Box of the Day : Peek at the PCC Aged.

4 minutes ago, prodigy said:

Are the numbers pretty low as far as number of boxes? Are we talking qdo sell out fast?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

It really varies. Some will last minutes and others a day. the quantities are not uniform. 

• Like 1

It really varies. Some will last minutes and others a day. the quantities are not uniform. 
I think the last time I saw PCC aged boxes was when there used to be locker sales. I have some VR unicos from 2012 from those sales. Maybe I can win some spending money in Vegas at the end of the month before these all go up on 2424 lol

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Am I the only one that noticed the mold in all but one of those boxes? I understand it can be wiped off with relative ease, but it makes me question the conditions that these boxes spent the last 5 years in. 

Rob, are these shipped to you by the mastercase, or random mix and match?

Am I the only one that noticed the mold in all but one of those boxes? I understand it can be wiped off with relative ease, but it makes me question the conditions that these boxes spent the last 5 years in. 

"The Lusi are excellent. 

You have heard that the uniform spotting on a cigar is a classic sign of plume and a perfectly aged cigar.  You know from FOHrensics that this is harmless white mould. It's gorgeous."

It's been noted it seems.

Sent from 47171 Lempo 

So who's still dumb enough to buy the RyJ Churchills Anejados with these coming up? :rolleyes:
I'll take better cigars for less money for $200, Alex.
HSA needs to leave the aging to the distributors. That is, assuming Anejados are aged at all...

To be fair, the añejados have the old band and tube. ;-).

On 9/12/2019 at 10:00 AM, Corylax18 said:

I hear where you’re coming from, but to each their own- I consider it a more desirable presentation and would pick the ones with plumish mold vs ones without- all else being the same. You may recall some HDM petit robustos on 24/24 about 7-8 months ago that he forewarned had a touch of mold. I wasn’t buying any at the time but still regret not picking up a box or two. 

32 minutes ago, MD Puffer said:

I hear where you’re coming from, but to each their own- I consider it a more desirable presentation and would pick the ones with plumish mold vs ones without- all else being the same. You may recall some HDM petit robustos on 24/24 about 7-8 months ago that he forewarned had a touch of mold. I wasn’t buying any at the time but still regret not picking up a box or two. 

Let me get this right. You prefer buying cigars with mold, to cigars without? If so, why? What makes a moldy cigar better than one without? 

As I stated earlier, most mold and the mold on the cigars pictured above isn't a deal breaker for me. But it makes me take pause when the frequency rate of molded cigars from a supplier approaches 100%. I understand mold on cigars in or straight from Cuba, climate control and ambient climate being what it is. I don't understand how or why PCC would put away beautiful cigars for 5 years without investing in the proper climate control needed to store them properly. I'm guessing where talking hundreds of thousands, if not millions of dollars worth of stock, so money shouldn't be an issue.

If these are the "best" examples imagine the science experiments they have brewing. Mold only grows if cigars are stored too wet and/or to warm, occasionally during shipping, if the cigars had extra water content before they where shipped. You never know the journey a cigar has taken during its life, so I've always preferred to buy young, high quality stock and age it myself. This program is an easy pass for me at this point. 

On 9/12/2019 at 9:20 AM, Akela3rd said:

"The Lusi are excellent. 

You have heard that the uniform spotting on a cigar is a classic sign of plume and a perfectly aged cigar.  You know from FOHrensics that this is harmless white mould. It's gorgeous

I did see that. But the Lusi's where the worst offender, and unfortunately not unique. All the cigars looked beautiful, and most looked poorly stored. That's confusing to me when the premium that will be demanded is because they have been stored for 5 years. It seems like PCC is shooting themselves in the foot. 

1 hour ago, MD Puffer said:

Excuses, Excuses!!!! 

It is amazing that my vintage stock, some boxes over eight years and some over 12 years old, do not have mold on them.  And these only 5 years old have some mold on them.  I call a spade a spade and it seems to me that these boxes spent the last 5 years in not optimal conditions.  

I guess some people will buy them and pumped up prices.  

NOT me, but to each their own! ?

4 hours ago, Corylax18 said:

I did see that. But the Lusi's where the worst offender, and unfortunately not unique. All the cigars looked beautiful, and most looked poorly stored. That's confusing to me when the premium that will be demanded is because they have been stored for 5 years. It seems like PCC is shooting themselves in the foot. 

Cory, that is because you are incorrect in this instance. 

Take a sealed mastercase out of Havana today, store it at 5 years in my warehouse (68% RH and 16 Centigrade) and in 5 years lets open them. we will find specks of mould on 50% of the boxes to different levels. Mold spores are there from the factory, not the warehouse. 

Now don't get me wrong, we can wipe them before taking a photo or call them plume to make people feel better.  Let's face it my friend, it's what has been done for as long as any of us can remember.

Don't kid yourself ;)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Thirds said:

How will these be listed on 24:24 so that we can identify them?  Will the heading be PCC?  I’m not sure what to look for but I’ll be a heat seeking missile on a few of these.  Thanks 

It will be clear as the box code will be listed ;)