Nick Jonas is Being Crucified

10 minutes ago, Colt45 said:

Many cigar smokers regularly crap on CA. Many cigar smokers have shown themselves to be no less judgemental than any other group.

This is definitely true. Their rankings seem to draw more ire than anything else. Admittedly, their rankings can be a little bit of a head scratcher. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lotusguy said:

The hobby desperately needs some fresh faces promoting cigars so I am very happy that he was featured. The backlash is asinine IMO.

Anecdotally, I’ve noticed an uptick of interest in cigars from some younger folks. Seems to coincide with the rise in the last decade’s foodie/hipster/cocktail culture and interest in artisan/boutique consumables like fine spirits, coffee, cheese, charcuterie, etc.

People aren’t that smart- it’s funny if you read a lot of the criticism people are concerned about the damage to his lungs!! Another classic example of the uneducated trying to tell us how to live our lives and what choices we should be making.  

Good for Nick Jonas- glad to have him on our team

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Lotusguy said:

The hobby desperately needs some fresh faces promoting cigars so I am very happy that he was featured. The backlash is asinine IMO.

Yup.  It's now Drake's turn to come out as a cigar smoker too.  Word around town is that he's a regular smoker. Not just what you might see in a music video.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Cigar Surgeon said:

but I do also think that CA is mostly to blame for this. They've featured non-cigar smokers on the cover in the past so their credibility is in question.

Can't say I'd agree. I think our judgemental negativity reflects upon us. They've had all kind of great stories, interviews, etc. I've pretty much always enjoyed reading it when I've been able. I have to admit, I always get a chuckle when folks get bent out of shape over the mag. Bring on the next cigar of the year!

8 hours ago, bundwallah said:

Yup.  It's now Drake's turn to come out as a cigar smoker too.  Word around town is that he's a regular smoker. Not just what you might see in a music video.

That's interesting you say that.

When I was in the Toronto LCDH, as I entered a fellow was leaving, inquiring when Behikes would be back...he wanted to buy a BOX.

(at Canadian prices, can you imagine the cost?!)

I asked how common it was for guys to be buying boxes of Behikes at Canadian tax prices, and was advised the person inquiring was part of Drakes "entourage".

• Like 1

The topic started a little dull in the 1st third, then the thoughtful replies began to build into a crescendo of phenomenal chatter.
When the stories of Drake were brought up it took the topic to another level.
I'm 92 points on this thread.
Better than being a complete dull.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, db13 said:

The topic started a little dull in the 1st third, then the thoughtful replies began to build into a crescendo of phenomenal chatter.

When the stories of Drake were brought up it took the topic to another level.

I'm 92 points on this thread.

?

Is it good enough to post a picture of yourself reading it on Instagram? 

21 hours ago, inter4alia said:

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that most of these outraged people would have no complaints if Jonas was vaping instead of smoking cigars. Lowest common denominator. 

I think even a cigarette in his mouth and his nose stained with white powder would not have caused such indignation

• Haha 2