Video Review - Montecristo Linea 1935 Maltes

MoeFOH

I had one of these last weekend and it was fantastic! Liked it so much more than the Dumas. The Dumas was good for the first third or half and got a bit harsh to the finish. I haven't tried the Leyenda yet, but will soon. I got one of the Linea samplers you put up awhile back. Will any Maltes make an appearance in 24:24 in the near future?

• Like 1

Bought a box of these on a whim while in Cuba. Out of the Montie Linea line they only had a few left so I thought they must be the best vitola.  Since the Leyenda and Maltes seem closely scored which one would you reach for? I'm curious to try the Leyenda to compare. 

Great review guys. When I smoked through one of each of the 1935’s I found the Maltes to be the weakest of the 3. I found the Dumas to be a big one punch flavour bomb, the Leyenda was classy with interesting complexity, but the Maltes seemed like it was a mix of both without hitting the heights of either. I will have to revisit it. 

• Like 1

On 9/12/2019 at 8:05 PM, Ken Gargett said:

he is the human remote control. 

By the way Ken, the main character in the Count of Montecristo is actually named Edmond Dantes, the Mexico regionals used this as the brand name since their was a legal issue using montecristo, hence why they used Emundo Dantes! i also saw the mini series special with Depardieux which was fantastic! and of course, its also one of my favorite books! love it!

cheers!

Steve

i just had a dumas last week and i did get that big chocolate hit but i also got some marshmallow and it was a very rich cigar, maybe the ones smoked for this review were a bit too young still? hope so cause mine was fantastic!

• MoeFOH unpinned this topic
  • 1 month later...

Had a question. Figured I’d post here. I’m new to cigars and even newer to Cubans. So I haven’t even tried a regular Monte. I just purchased the sampler of the Linea 1935 on 24/24. The description says way more chocolate, cocoa, and stronger flavors. Would you recommend trying a Monte 2 for example before trying one of these? Before kinda ruining a classic Monte 2 experience? 

2 hours ago, Subcomandante said:

Had a question. Figured I’d post here. I’m new to cigars and even newer to Cubans. So I haven’t even tried a regular Monte. I just purchased the sampler of the Linea 1935 on 24/24. The description says way more chocolate, cocoa, and stronger flavors. Would you recommend trying a Monte 2 for example before trying one of these? Before kinda ruining a classic Monte 2 experience? 

I'd say, no, not at all. Dive in wherever! I think you can always separate the experiences, so you won't ruin one with another. So long as you're not smoking them back-to-back. 

Others may have a different opinion. I suggest posting this as a new topic in the Waterhole, you'll get a much wider range of feedback to work with that way. :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1