Fake E2?

Wookie

So the same cigar purveyor comes to all the golf events in our area and he always has discontinued and HTF "cubans" as part of his stash.  I think most of them are fugazzees....this band looks to be too bright.  Any opinions? (I did not smoke this...a friend purchased it)....also i think the band was not embossed...dead giveaway right?

fake E2.jpeg

On 9/13/2019 at 8:30 AM, Wookie said:

So the same cigar purveyor comes to all the golf events in our area and he always has discontinued and HTF "cubans" as part of his stash.  I think most of them are fugazzees....this band looks to be too bright.  Any opinions? (I did not smoke this...a friend purchased it)....also i think the band was not embossed...dead giveaway right?

fake E2.jpeg

To me, it looks like what it is supposed to look like.  Wrapper shade is in the neighborhood of what one would expect in a E2.  Triple cap looks fine.  Assuming the letters on the label are embossed and not printed, I would say this is either real, or a very good fake.  

The flavor should clear up any doubt you might have.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/20/2019 at 12:46 PM, SigmundChurchill said:

To me, it looks like what it is supposed to look like.  Wrapper shade is in the neighborhood of what one would expect in a E2.  Triple cap looks fine.  Assuming the letters on the label are embossed and not printed, I would say this is either real, or a very good fake.  

The flavor should clear up any doubt you might have.

I didn't smoke this one...a buddy purchased it and he doesn't know CCs. The label was not embossed and the lettering was too bright.  Interestingnly another friend got a box of D4 in Italy that was like this band but it was clearly fake. I will post that one when I can take a pic of it....I saved the one he gave me.

2 hours ago, Wookie said:

I didn't smoke this one...a buddy purchased it and he doesn't know CCs. The label was not embossed and the lettering was too bright.  Interestingnly another friend got a box of D4 in Italy that was like this band but it was clearly fake. I will post that one when I can take a pic of it....I saved the one he gave me.

With these Series bands, there are color differences between legitimate cigars, as you can see HERE.

If you are sure the band wasn’t embossed, you seemed unsure in the OP, then that is problematic.  It certainly should be embossed.