The great FOH cigar tournament!

7 hours ago, btort910 said:

Why is Vegas Robaina listed twice on the left side of the table?

Yep there are only 27 handmade marcas and you have VR twice - might just have to give Cohiba a bye in the first round. Cool idea.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Buck14 said:

Yep there are only 27 handmade marcas and you have VR twice - might just have to give Cohiba a bye in the first round. Cool idea.

Shit good eye. I agree Cohiba will get a first round bye.  I will randomize the pairings using software after the 27 cigars have been chosen and then I will reformat / fix the brackets. Thanks for picking up on that. 

58 minutes ago, benfica_77 said:

Shit good eye. I agree Cohiba will get a first round bye.  I will randomize the pairings using software after the 27 cigars have been chosen and then I will reformat / fix the brackets. Thanks for picking up on that. 

As opposed to randomizing, how about seeding them? That was you don’t have, say, Upmann going against Partagas in the first round.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Deeg said:

As opposed to randomizing, how about seeding them? That was you don’t have, say, Upmann going against Partagas in the first round.

How do you suggest doing this? By ranking them by sales figures (if they are available per marca)?

21 minutes ago, benfica_77 said:

How do you suggest doing this? By ranking them by sales figures (if they are available per marca)?

That’s the hard part I guess. Sales figures would be one way, or you could more or less do it arbitrarily like the NCAA basketball tournament committee.  Obviously top seeds in each bracket would be brands like Cohiba, Bolivar et al.

Some pairs are not equal in brand level:

24c53593301e86e937e3079bbc9e966d.jpg

There are different leagues, such as in the national Championships. For HSA brands there are three leagues. The winners of the minor leagues could compete with the major League contenders.

The minor League winner moves on to the major leagues and starts the major League championship the following year. Conversely, the loser is relegated to the minor leagues.

In the future, you can arrange an annual championship

[mention=31652]benfica_77[/mention]  Please add RAS to the RA poll...hard to omit the best vitola in that range lol
It's not technically a regular production though.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, prodigy said:

It's not technically a regular production though.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Maybe not 'technically', but any cigar that's been consistently rolled for 9 straight years deserves to be listed IMO

On 9/15/2019 at 3:31 AM, nKostyan said:

Some pairs are not equal in brand level:

24c53593301e86e937e3079bbc9e966d.jpg

There are different leagues, such as in the national Championships. For HSA brands there are three leagues. The winners of the minor leagues could compete with the major League contenders.

The minor League winner moves on to the major leagues and starts the major League championship the following year. Conversely, the loser is relegated to the minor leagues.

In the future, you can arrange an annual championship

I don’t know man. Blue trunks guy looks like he could do some serious damage from his vantage point.