Burn one for me

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Big Interview tomorrow!

I've been excited about this cigar since it was generously handed to me by a person referred to internally as 'the Cuban Cigar Fairy' I can't think of a better reason than this to burn it

I have alway worn a lot of hats and don't always work for another party... Most of my life I have worked for myself. A few years ago, this goes back to the last time I worked for another, I had j

3 hours ago, Çnote said:

I usually don't do posts like this, but I was let go from my job unexpectedly last night. Just need a little karma. I'm planning on smoking a JL RE perfecto at some point today. 

I'm good, this will probably end up for the best.

My story--many years ago--this very nasty boss fired me--I hated him--he hated me...

A year later I have another job and there I met the woman who became my wife--married twenty years now....

It turned out the nasty boss did me a great favor...

P.S.  Our host here will be amused that the nasty boss messed up after that and his punishment was to be sent to the corporate version of purgatory--Australia!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, JohnS said:

I agree with Ray, this is an opportunity for you. Try to enjoy the downtime even though your self-worth has naturally taken a hit. And @Çnote, remember, the kindness you give out always comes back to you. Let us all share in your joy, via this thread, when you land your next job! ?

Hear, hear!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JohnS said:

I agree with Ray, this is an opportunity for you. Try to enjoy the downtime even though your self-worth has naturally taken a hit. And @Çnote, remember, the kindness you give out always comes back to you. Let us all share in your joy, via this thread, when you land your next job! ?

Will do! I've had several great leads already and am certain I will land on my feet. I just haven't had the time yet to light up!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Çnote said:

There is little doubt. :ok:

Just check out this thread. Some of the people who posted having  gone through this are some of the most decent people I know. 

Now regardless of what Ray says.......try not to belt anyone. ;)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

you would be amazed how many of us this has happened to at some stage. usually through no fault, just circumstances. every chance you'll look back on this as a good thing or at worst a very minor blip, no matter how crap it feels at the moment.

hey, one mate to whom this happened, forced him to set something up. a year or two ago, i spent a fortnight on his thirty metre boat as he cruised the Med. more crew than than passengers. nothing like someone asking whether you want to go to cannes or monte carlo for lunch and meaning it. had it not happened to him, he'd probably still be on their staff slogging along.

good luck. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ken Gargett said:

you would be amazed how many of us this has happened to at some stage. usually through no fault, just circumstances. every chance you'll look back on this as a good thing or at worst a very minor blip, no matter how crap it feels at the moment.

hey, one mate to whom this happened, forced him to set something up. a year or two ago, i spent a fortnight on his thirty metre boat as he cruised the Med. more crew than than passengers. nothing like someone asking whether you want to go to cannes or monte carlo for lunch and meaning it. had it not happened to him, he'd probably still be on their staff slogging along.

good luck. 

Thank you! Love your reviews, they get a surprising large amount of shares; I giggle when they are sent to me.

But, 'you' are my opponent tomorrow! GO COWBOYS 

• Like 1

Just now, Çnote said:

Thank you! Love your reviews, they get a surprising large amount of shares; I giggle when they are sent to me.

But, 'you' are my opponent tomorrow! GO COWBOYS 

we are guaranteed to lead you in stupid injuries, stupid penalties and i reckon we are a 50/50 chance of winning the toss. otherwise, if we get within 30, it might be a considered a win. we are in a race with miami for the top draft spot. 

• Haha 1

I can't say anything that everyone else hasn't already said, but good luck to you, and certainly don't blame yourself! It sounds like this was one one of those "downsizing/restructuring" jobs cuts that are so common these days. Most companies these days are engaging in these practices unfortunately. Hang in there... and keep on smokin!

• Thanks 1

The good news is that a job or work doesn’t define who you are. It was a job and there are many more like it.  Take a step back, assess where you want to go next and then tackle any obstacle that gets in your way.  Change is never easy but it’s inevitable. Embrace the change, let the hurt be a motivator and then get back in the game.  It happened, you can’t change that it happened so don’t waste a second of your time on something you can’t undo; regret is a wasted emotion.  No sense in worrying about it either because more often than not the likely outcome is considerably better than your worst fears.  While you’re smoking that cigar, burn all your logo gear from the old place as a ceremonial “piss off”.  Burn the boats...there’s no going back.  ??  Best of luck in your search and report back when you land somewhere. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sorry to hear this my friend, hopefully this is the start of something bigger and better. Only way to go is up and wish nothing but the best to you in your job search. Can’t wait to hear where you end up next.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Çnote said:

I usually don't do posts like this, but I was let go from my job unexpectedly last night. Just need a little karma. I'm planning on smoking a JL RE perfecto at some point today. 

I got put on admin leave at my job in may for 2 weeks. When I found out why, my dignity required me to walk out the door for good. Through circumstance and serendipity it was the best thing that could have happened to me not 3 months later. You will pull through. 

• Thanks 1

It is frustrating my friend, I too have traveled this path. As has been said there will be ups and downs as you work through this and it will lead to a better life ahead. With friends, family and for me faith, you will move forward. Enjoy the down time to smell the roses and do some of those things you've been putting off.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1