Sign in to follow this  
CaptainQuintero

2012 Quintero Favoritos (TVQVRW)

There are a lot of vitola choices with the Quintero marca.    I agree that the Panatelas and the thinner ring guages are more reliable.    I have found the Favoritos very inconsistent--ranging from the occasional Partagas-like flavor bombs to tasteless duds (and most somewhere in between) in the same box.

52 minutes ago, CaptainQuintero said:

Yes, I realise I may be one of the few people on this planet who decided to age these!

I wasn't blown away by these when they first came out.

To the point account of the Favoritos, Captain! I am a fan, dig them aged, too. Quite like you report, they didn't convince me when they first came out, but that was a mere matter of their youth. Meanwhile I've had not few QFs give the odd long-filler robo a run for its money. Honest stick. You don't expect much evolution from such a format anyway, so TC - TL doesn't really matter.

One of the most rewarding cigars in terms of aging in my book is the Brevas. So, I don't find it at all odd aging Quinteros.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Fugu said:

To the point account of the Favoritos, Captain! I am a fan, dig them aged, too. Quite like you report, they didn't convince me when they first came out, but that was a mere matter of their youth. Meanwhile I've had not few QFs give the odd long-filler robo a run for its money. Honest stick. You don't expect much evolution from such a format anyway, so TC - TL doesn't really matter.

One of the most rewarding cigars in terms of aging in my book is the Brevas. So, I don't find it at all odd aging Quinteros.

I think I've half a dozen 2003 brevas left, by far the most oily cigars I own, like they have been dipped in olive oil! They are almost like Toscanos, seriously rustic and rich 

I'm always impressed with Cuban short fillers to be honest; all of the old mille fleur (RA, RyJ, Partagas) are still great smokes with tons of character. 

13 hours ago, eastburn84 said:

My favorite cigar, not the best but cheap enough to make up for it. Cant beat cheap and good.

There's really something to be said for the brand, for the first 2-3 years all I smoked was Quintero, and not just for the price! I'd gone through all the lower/medium end cigars in the catalogue (RyJ cedros, Upmann Tubos, Bolivar #3 etc) and came out with enjoying the flavours from Quintero the most. I look back at that time in my smoking journey as one of my most content and relaxed times

• Like 1