Australia: Fact or Fiction?

11 hours ago, KING BROWN said:

We-pronounce-it-Stray-Yah.jpg

That is fiction. Not the bit about the dingo eating a shark, or the 2 snakes, but that they were all in the one shot.

Dingoes eat a lot of things that wash up on the shores of Fraser Island (sharks, dolphins, turtles, fish, etc). As they are a wild native dog, they will go after pretty much anything they can.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There's no water in Fosters, mainly because water has more taste.

There is one fact/fiction. Some think that the shape of the machine gun casing of the Australian tank WWII era «AC-1 Sentinel», was create for opression the psyche of the enemy      

Well, this got me googling "platypus venom" which is certainly not something I was expecting to be doing anytime soon...

The metaphor has been born but I must ask; do the citizens of Oz truly relish 'stewed fruits' with the term used so regularly?  The only stewed fruits I recall eating was rhubarb and I never cared for it much.  With a dollop of Nutella or without is the proper reply and a Fosters pizz warm. 

Who doesn't like stewed fruits? Pears, apples, apricots, nectarines, berries, etc. Fantastic with some ice cream or on top of a custard. Can be added to porridge or Weet Bix for a tasty breakfast. Not only tasty but also good for you.

I don't know how popular they are with Australians, but they are everywhere.

• Like 1

As a child, I read Jules Verne's novel “Les Enfants du Capitaine Grant” (captain Grant's children).

One of the heroes, Jacques Paganel, said something like this:

«In Australia, metals don't rust in the air, and so do human souls. Dry and clean air here quickly whitens everything: both linen and souls. In England, noticed this property of the local climate, and therefore decided to send people here for correction.

Criminals, resettled in this life-giving, healing atmosphere, after a few years, spiritually reborn. Philanthropists know this. In Australia, all people are getting better.»

5 hours ago, Fuzz said:

That is fiction. Not the bit about the dingo eating a shark, or the 2 snakes, but that they were all in the one shot.

Dingoes eat a lot of things that wash up on the shores of Fraser Island (sharks, dolphins, turtles, fish, etc). As they are a wild native dog, they will go after pretty much anything they can.

fuzz, i have seen them chasing tailor in the shallows. but not a shark. they are not stupid. did have a puppy once come up when i was fishing, wanting to play. just like any puppy. so much fun. the adults are a little more concerning and need close watching. if adults become too adjusted to humans, they are shot. sad but necessary. 

9 minutes ago, nKostyan said:

As a child, I read Jules Verne's novel “Les Enfants du Capitaine Grant” (captain Grant's children).

One of the heroes, Jacques Paganel, said something like this:

«In Australia, metals don't rust in the air, and so do human souls. Dry and clean air here quickly whitens everything: both linen and souls. In England, noticed this property of the local climate, and therefore decided to send people here for correction.

Criminals, resettled in this life-giving, healing atmosphere, after a few years, spiritually reborn. Philanthropists know this. In Australia, all people are getting better.»

funny you should say that. my driver, in the car coming in from the airport this afternoon was saying how odd it was that the english originally wanted to send people here for punishment. now they all want to move here. 

• Haha 1