Neal

Cuba fuel “crisis”

I was talking to a Cuba fishing outfitter on Friday about organizing  transportation between Havana and other parts of Cuba. She told me that there is a major fuel shortage due to the Venezuela embargo and that buses, trains, planes and cars are in all but a standstill with many gas stations out of fuel and those with fuel have extremely long lines-hours long. I went on line and found a number of confirming news stories.

has anyone been to Cuba lately who can comment? 

Someone on another forum posted a short video while he was down there of a 4 hour wait to fill up their tank.  He shot the whole lineup of cars, it was quite a site.  I heard somewhere that this extreme shortage will only be short lived.  Things will slightly improve in a few weeks.

1 hour ago, Derboesekoenig said:

It was bad, but not as bad as people not from there described...

Meaning, apparently there are always shortages like that. Commonplace in Cuba and not sure why it was blown out of proportion this time

I call it news stream drama....It's hyped up here in the states to make people believe stuff that isn't really true.

I can't imagine any news media outlet wanting to get ratings tho 🤐

:unknown:

I was talking to a Cuba fishing outfitter on Friday about organizing  transportation between Havana and other parts of Cuba. She told me that there is a major fuel shortage due to the Venezuela embargo and that buses, trains, planes and cars are in all but a standstill with many gas stations out of fuel and those with fuel have extremely long lines-hours long. I went on line and found a number of confirming news stories.
has anyone been to Cuba lately who can comment? 

There have been widespread fuel shortages, especially in the areas outside of Havana. It’s only going to get worse if October’s crude & fuel shipments remain at port in Venezuela. Right now, two PdV tankers with a combined 700,000 bl of gasoline have been cleared out of Amuay and are expected to set sail anytime now. That’s only a portion of Cuba’s October allotment of 3mn bl that’s expected to be delivered in the month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro