Humidity Control

Cubasam

Hey guys and gals! I know this topic has been touched on before but wanted to get a refresher on everyone’s technique on making sure the humidity is set at the right percent

i have a ziplock weathertight container (recommended by many of you here); I’m currently using sensor push and can’t get my humidity to 65%. I have about 8 boveda packs at 65%; the humidity is still riding at 59%.

should I keep putting more boveda packs to try to push it up or is the deal not tight enough? Just can’t figure it out

Agree with the other responses.  My experience with Boveda is they are generally spot on.  Outside of there being no issues with the seal on the container, another consideration would be the length of time the boxes of cigars have been in the container.  Depending on the number of boxes, it could take a few weeks for the rH to stabilize.   

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Hollywood Ninja said:

How long have you been rocking this setup? It can take weeks for things to even out given previous condition of sticks. How full is your container? An empty container is much harder to humidify than one 80% full.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just started about 4 days ago; not full at all, I only have 4 boxes in it. I have a bunch of the boveda bags filled with cigars waiting for the container to reach the right humidity but maybe I should just fill it up then to balance the humidity faster?

i guess I’ll throw most of my cigars in there and keep waiting to reach the right humidity. I have about 9 bags at 69% 

17 hours ago, Cubasam said:

I just started about 4 days ago; not full at all, I only have 4 boxes in it. I have a bunch of the boveda bags filled with cigars waiting for the container to reach the right humidity but maybe I should just fill it up then to balance the humidity faster?

i guess I’ll throw most of my cigars in there and keep waiting to reach the right humidity. I have about 9 bags at 69% 

Four days?   Oh there's no problem.  Check back in a few weeks!