50/50 FOH's Weekly Poll Comp: #24

50/50 Poll #24  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Who's your pick from these heavy hitters of the metal scene?

This poll is closed to new votes

I remember in the 80s hearing Metallica for the first time was absolutely amazing mind blowing later stuff is a bit bland . Black Sabbath was excellent  with Ozzy then Dio singing ,not as good with Iommi.

Sabbath for me  there would be no Mettlaica without Black Sabbath

• Thanks 1

Never was star struck. Grew up in NYC. For certain reasons I have been in intimate settings with a lot of different celebrities during the late 80’s. Liza Minnelli, James Taylor to name a couple. Shook their hands, small conversation. But one night about 4 years ago I am sitting on a couch, I was on the end seat and only the middle seat was open. Right before the beginning, like the last minute in walks this guy about 5’7”, Long black coat, black shirt, black leather pants, Lennon blue sunglasses and sits right next to me on the middle seat of the couch. He turns to me and says with a heavy cockney accent,”you want a pice of gum” I look at him and in my head I’m like HOLY ****(star struck) it’s F’in Ozzy! So I say yeah to the gum pop it in my mouth and I am sitting there just thinking this animated character that I listened to growing up is sitting right next to me. I am star struck the first time. Then during the event he keeps leaning over to me and saying something then laughing 3 or 4 times. I couldn’t even understand him but I would look at him and just shake my head yes and laugh with him. Actually had no clue what he was saying! it was freaky sitting next to this guy. To me when I was growing up he, how could I explain this.......just wasn’t a real person, he was........I have no words. I’ll never forget that.

" heavy Cockney accent" ?
Ozzie and the rest are all unmistakably from Birmingham, which has one of the most distinctive and unintelligible accents in the UK!

Sent from 47171 Lempo 

On 9/19/2019 at 12:47 PM, Fuzz said:

Nope. My actual favourite heavy metal is....

image.thumb.jpeg.a2426cf91c0559ca9d3bf082cc57e1e2.jpeg

Pictures? How about the real deal!

All my favourite heavy metals ...
PGMs_fullpotcollection_cropped.thumb.jpg.0d28075e2d0e4a877f8152074f6406ef.jpg

4 hours ago, Akela3rd said:

Ozzie and the rest are all unmistakably from Birmingham, which has one of the most distinctive and unintelligible accents in the UK!

I see you are from UK. No offense! Birmingham home of THE PEAKY BLINDERS? ??

Now I understand why I had to put subtitles on for the first two or three seasons of Peaky Blinders until I got use to it. ?

• Like 1