2019 FOH BLIND TASTING CIGAR NUMBER 3

Due to travel I had to smoke and submit my pick for No 3.  Needless to say I was flying blind.  Had to submit a pick for a cigar I don’t think I’ve had before but I think I recognized some characteristics that assigned it to a marca.  Whatever it was, this cigar was a great smoke and I’m buying a box of whatever it turns out to be.  Good luck.  

• Like 2

Has anyone smoked theirs yet?  I was tasting the characteristics of 2 marcas the first third.  Spice, coffee, leather, a vague sweetness, cedar.  By the 2/3, it became a very dry/woody cigar. Spice gone, sweetness and flavor intensified. That's when I felt I identified the marca. I also had burn issues till the final third.  

• Like 1

Who am I kidding, upon second measurement it should be 129 - Petit Corona size

I strongly recommend using certified measuring instruments that have passed annual verification and calibration

58c0aa9d37b3bac677dba93fbd9136dc.jpg

There were several embarrassments with number 1 when piramides was identified as belocosos

• Haha 4

13 hours ago, Meklown said:

Just to be sure, it's 142mm / 42 ring? The size of a Monte 3?

I will likely smoke mine during the weekend!

I'm eager to hear your tasting notes...

16 hours ago, MigsG said:

I'm eager to hear your tasting notes...

Felt like my palate was ready / had some time yesterday so I picked it up .. I did not get much spice like you but did get some cedar. Also floral/fruity black tea notes were the overriding taste for a majority of the stick. 

It was a thoroughly pleasant smoke in my opinion and I'd definitely pick up a box after the reveal.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Meklown said:

Felt like my palate was ready / had some time yesterday so I picked it up .. I did not get much spice like you but did get some cedar. Also floral/fruity black tea notes were the overriding taste for a majority of the stick. 

It was a thoroughly pleasant smoke in my opinion and I'd definitely pick up a box after the reveal.

Interesting.  Not sure how similar it was to my experience.  Good thing you enjoyed the experience.

20 hours ago, nKostyan said:

f305323050bddfed28973db0ec817a65.jpg

Aroma at cut: spicy

Aroma at cold draw: cedar

Smoking: cedar, salt, cream, tannins, black pepper.

Medium-Full body.

Interesting, somewhat similar to my experience. Mine did have a salt component to it as well, now that you mention it.  

On 10/12/2019 at 7:03 AM, nKostyan said:

f305323050bddfed28973db0ec817a65.jpg

Aroma at cut: spicy

Aroma at cold draw: cedar

Smoking: cedar, salt, cream, tannins, black pepper.

Medium-Full body.

+1. But randomly got bursts of pure sugar and aftertaste was sweet for some time. 

• Like 1

Again I'm on a lucky streak. Beautiful cigar, smoked superbly. Lots of cream and sweetness with a salty tang on the lips. Nubbed it. Not a hint of youth. 95/100. 

• Like 3

#3 is an excellent cigar and right away I would have guessed one with at least 5-8 years of age on it. The only cigars I’ve had where the robust flavors linger on the palate for this long were on cigars with several years on them. My goodness is this outstanding. It’s one thing to have good flavors but much more difficult to have that finish linger on and on and on.

I love these!

I want a ? 

• Like 2

Number 3 was a delicious cigar, start to finish!  My example was box pressed, so that puts a couple of contenders out of the running.  End to end, this cigar was all about semisweet chocolate, citrus rind, and cream.  The retrohale was smooth, and the aroma was delightfully fresh.  There wasn't much flavor evolution, but wouldn't consider that a negative.  First rate cigar!

IMG_20191019_133145404.jpg

IMG_20191019_133949937.jpg

• Like 1