How many cigars?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oddly, I have more than I "need" and less than I "want". Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

If i count them, i might be convinced to stop buying them. 

I’m 40 years old. By my best estimate, I have enough cigars for the next 43 years. So, probably enough to last a lifetime.  Yet, I keep buying more... Oh yeah, they’re an “investment”. 

I’m a newbie. Been at the cc thing for a few months. Kinda surprised to see I have over 300 cc already on top of quite a few Nicaraguans that will be very lonely. 

i think I now have a decent group of open boxes for rotation now and am buying boxes more w an eye to age them a bit. On to the second Coolidor!

Question for those that spread sheet their inventory................

So every time you smoke a cigar you go in and subtract the one cigar you are about to blow smoke with? ?

I thought this was supposed to be a relaxing hobby?  If I had to do work every time I wanted a cigar, where's the fun in that?

Alternative example on my end.....? (thought bubble over my hat rack when scouring for my next smoke) 

"Oh wow...the top layer of the box has 3 cigars missing, I better order another as soon as I'm done with this one"

:unknown:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Capt. Corona said:

So every time you smoke a cigar you go in and subtract the one cigar you are about to blow smoke with? ?

I thought this was supposed to be a relaxing hobby?  If I had to do work every time I wanted a cigar, where's the fun in that?

Alternative example on my end.....? (thought bubble over my hat rack when scouring for my next smoke) 

"Oh wow...the top layer of the box has 3 cigars missing, I better order another as soon as I'm done with this one"

I like going in to my spreadsheet.  The few minutes I'm looking at it, I'm also thinking about cigars.  Not as good as looking around the humidor, but still enjoyable.

• Like 2

I like going in to my spreadsheet.  The few minutes I'm looking at it, I'm also thinking about cigars.  Not as good as looking around the humidor, but still enjoyable.

Agree. I actually did a ”end of smoking season inventory a couple of days ago and I stand at exactly 650 cigars.
  • Haha 1

I use the collection feature on https://www.cubancigarwebsite.com. It works great for keeping track of what's smoking good and how many I have.

I know, It crashed a few years ago but it seems to be the best tracker for me. I keep a list of unbroken boxes on a spreadsheet.

• Like 1

My pretty straightforward spreadsheet (cigar, box code and date if available, quantity purchased, quantity left, and price per cigar) is great for planning out what I want to smoke, or if I'm selling a handful of them to friends for some upcoming event I know what to sell them for to not lose money, along with the primary purpose for me...shopping for good deals. 

If I know I purchased a box of something for $170 and they were great, if I see that on sale for $140, I'll grab them. If I see them go up to $200, I'm giddy that I bought at a good time. It has also pushed me away from the notion of just buying crap to have a lot of cigars. Over the past year especially (as I enter year three of this new hobby) I have purchased at a steady rate, but I haven't purchased any crap, or the "buy a box and get 10 free" type of US promotions that took up too much humidor space and will likely end up given away.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cubadust said:

Agree. I actually did a ”end of smoking season inventory a couple of days ago and I stand at exactly 650 cigars.

WHAT?  Does this really exist ?

I consider the end of my smoking season over until I light my afternoon stick ?

3 hours ago, SmokyFontaine said:

My pretty straightforward spreadsheet (cigar, box code and date if available, quantity purchased, quantity left, and price per cigar) is great for planning out what I want to smoke, or if I'm selling a handful of them to friends for some upcoming event I know what to sell them for to not lose money, along with the primary purpose for me...shopping for good deals. 

If I know I purchased a box of something for $170 and they were great, if I see that on sale for $140, I'll grab them. If I see them go up to $200, I'm giddy that I bought at a good time. It has also pushed me away from the notion of just buying crap to have a lot of cigars. Over the past year especially (as I enter year three of this new hobby) I have purchased at a steady rate, but I haven't purchased any crap, or the "buy a box and get 10 free" type of US promotions that took up too much humidor space and will likely end up given away.

I thought that's what the secondary market was for? ?

WHAT?  Does this really exist ?

I consider the end of my smoking season over until I light my afternoon stick ?

Right now It's 3°C, windy as hell and raining. And I heard we might get our first mm of snow this weekend. So, yeah that pretty much ends my smoking season ☹️

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, Hollywood Ninja said:

922177cc592ccd7e2c7238a333a863b7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

*Boy! Meticulous! :thumbsup:

:thinking:  Hmm: approximately 420 sticks

More than I will ever smoke in my lifetime and growing - 2K+. It'll make my son happy some day. 

I'm just glad to see I'm not the only one who tracks them to the stick in a spreadsheet or other vehicle.