HSA wants to drag you in to buying the perfect regional release for your country.....how do they do it?

So, HSA seems to be doing a good job of appealing themselves to China, putting as many "8's" on their released as humanly possible.  It's pretty reductive as cultural stereotypes go, but hey! it's working. 

So first state your Country, then describe a regional release that would be irresistible to you, and your country men/women. 

- Country ?

- Description of packaging ?

- Cigar Name ?

- Size of Cigar ?

- Country ?    UK

- Description of Packaging ?   Mini two door cabinet, 2x bundles of 25,   No bands,  Double Yellow Ribbon similar to R&J Cazadores, one with Rafael Gonzales written on it with the Cuban Crest, and the other with "Lord Lonsdale - The Yellow Earl"

- The Yellow Earl

- Lonsdale

• Haha 1

Great post and idea!

Being Canadian, the taxes here are brutal and would be a huge factor in my choice

Here goes;

Packaging:10 count SLB or dress box

Cigar Name: Provinciales. (Hockey would be too hokey)☺️

Size of Cigar: Corona Gorda or Robusto. (Anything too big would see huge taxes on it)

As for Canadian flair. A flag would be nice. Images of Indigenous peoples and tobacco. Maybe a grizzly bear smoking a cigar too. ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, bundwallah said:

Great post and idea!

Being Canadian, the taxes here are brutal and would be a huge factor in my choice

Here goes;

Packaging:10 count SLB or dress box

Cigar Name: Provinciales. (Hockey would be too hokey)☺️

Size of Cigar: Corona Gorda or Robusto. (Anything too big would see huge taxes on it)

As for Canadian flair. A flag would be nice. Images of Indigenous peoples and tobacco. Maybe a grizzly bear smoking a cigar too. ?

Bugger off to the real world! if you fancy, do another and imagine a world without taxes,   I know I wouldn't be buying mine in the UK,  my mini cab would probably come in at £6-7K

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Ritch said:

Country

Great Britain

28 Brexit Belicoso Bolivar Cigars in a cabinet.

Three bands. One band is the bolivar band, second band is the Brexit belicoso regional band, third band is one if the countries that make up the EU.

Union Jack ribbon ties the bundle together.

Outside of the box is covered in warning smoking is dangerous warnings. Name and branding for the cigar is not actually visible.

Cost is 39bn.

Rumoured to be the best cigars ever produced, but no one really knows as one has never actually been smoked.

Infact despite being released three years ago the shops are still awaiting delivery.

Shipped through Ireland, using Bojo's magical non-existent customs computer......perfect

ziggy-feature.jpg

11 minutes ago, Colt45 said:

Could only ever speak for myself:

USA

Semi Boite Nature Box of 25

No name or bands necessary

Corona

Haha......theres something about this, that doesn't strike me as very American......but I like your style

There's no nationalized regionals for my country any longer, I am afraid. For a marca, Upmann is as close as it gets, so I'd just be happy if they'd make a one-time exception to the "no-globals" rule, get us the HUPC, "Sir Winnie" blend, vSLB50, snugly rolled, priced no higher than the PLPC. A cigar for smoking. I'd be going 20 boxes deep.

Name them "Hermann-Dietrich No. 4s" so that nobody can pronounce it and we could actually compete against all you gluttons out there.... haha. (N.B. you better not call them "88"... :no:)

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, nino said:

OK,

Lets see ... ?

Germany

25 in a wooden box - not box pressed please and with a protective skin.

Frankfurter Würstchen

Lonsdales

Comes with Mustard and a Brötchen ( bread roll ).

Irresistible if priced in Deutsche Mark and not that funny money called €

Inside El Laguito, your dreams are coming true.  Footage of production

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, 99call said:

Inside El Laguito, your dreams are coming true.  Footage of production

Thanks so much but that looks like the Bavarian version of the Germany RE ... ?

Weisswürste and Bretzel with sweet Mustard on the side instead of Frankfurter and Brötchen and regular Mustard.

Love them - will see I do QC at El Laguito next November ... ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

USA:

70 RG, 8.0"

Offered with a shake and fries

Called the Whopper

I got one of those when I went to HLP finca recently. No shake and fries, but that thing is MASSIVE. The irony that exists is when I told them my favorite cigar was the corona and lancero formats, and they roll me this instead ?

• Haha 1

US 

The “Murica”

13 cigars in a dress box (one for each of the original colonies.)

60 RG

10” length

First band has marca name. Second band just has an American flag on it that’s says regional. Third band yes third band has a musket rifle with an eagle sitting on it embossed in gold. 

• Like 2

Packaging: 10 count SLB. No one could afford more, with taxes going up every day. Besides, with plain packaging, you could offer these in a milk carton and it wouldn't matter.
Name: 49 North
Size: Corona Grande 6.1 x 42 or Lonsdale 6.4 x 43

• Thanks 1

US

10 count with 3 bands

The Libertad

Salomon in the PL blend, which is my dream cigar in case any HSA movers and shakers are reading.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Derboesekoenig said:

I got one of those when I went to HLP finca recently. No shake and fries, but that thing is MASSIVE. The irony that exists is when I told them my favorite cigar was the corona and lancero formats, and they roll me this instead ?

Sounds like you made your purchase in a Communist country....  

oh, wait....  ?

On 10/5/2019 at 3:01 PM, 99call said:

Bugger off to the real world! if you fancy, do another and imagine a world without taxes,   I know I wouldn't be buying mine in the UK,  my mini cab would probably come in at £6-7K

Ok ok... here's my more creative, less tax burdened entry.

Packaging:100 Count Cajon.  3 chambers.  The middle will hold a special bottle for the release.  The left and right will hold 50 cigars each.

Cigar Name: Palo Deportivo ("sport stick" as close as I can get to Hockey stick in the Spanish language as there is no word for hockey ). The marca. Cohiba.  

Size of Cigar: Lancero extra.  10 inches with a tapered foot, similar to a Salomon. Pigtail head.

Special touches.

The Cajon.  Similar to the one pictured on CCW but in the middle there will be a spot for a special bottle of Canadian craft beer. A boozy stout aged in Havana Club barrels for 3 years.  Outer wood. Canadian oak. Innards; Spanish Cedar.  The Cajon will be placed in a sealskin slip cover.  ;) 

The tobacco: The filler pilon will be sprayed with a mixture of distilled water and maple syrup and aged for 2 years.    The wrapper aged in Canadian whiskey barrels for 6 months.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bundwallah said:

Ok ok... here's my more creative, less tax burdened entry.

Packaging:100 Count Cajon.  3 chambers.  The middle will hold a special bottle for the release.  The left and right will hold 50 cigars each.

Cigar Name: Palo Deportivo ("sport stick" as close as I can get to Hockey stick in the Spanish language as there is no word for hockey ). The marca. Cohiba.  

Size of Cigar: Lancero extra.  10 inches with a tapered foot, similar to a Salomon. Pigtail head.

Special touches.

The Cajon.  Similar to the one pictured on CCW but in the middle there will be a spot for a special bottle of Canadian craft beer. A boozy stout aged in Havana Club barrels for 3 years.  Outer wood. Canadian oak. Innards; Spanish Cedar.  The Cajon will be placed in a sealskin slip cover.  ;) 

The tobacco: The filler pilon will be sprayed with a mixture of distilled water and maple syrup and aged for 2 years.    The wrapper aged in Canadian whiskey barrels for 6 months.

Nice work

• Haha 1