Design your perfect day

You have one free day.....by free, I mean no commitments. 

No kids, wife, girlfriend, work, parents.....nada. 

One big blank canvas of a day. :D

How do you put together a little bit of personal magic?

45 ft sailing cat anchored off the coast of some uninhabited island in the Caribbean, 82 degrees, 5mph wind, a frozen cocktail machine dispensing overly sweet vodka based fruity cocktails, and a fridge full of fresh shrimp. Not another soul around in a 100 mile radius. 

• Like 1

Somewhere 28 degrees and sunny, low wind, definitely near the beach or a beautiful body of water. Put some slow cook bbq on. Maybe some light exercise and meditation in the morning. Seafood lunch. Cigars and a book or podcast in the afternoon. Bbq dinner. Just relaxing!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Wake up in a mountain top Ryokkan in Japan (my favourite place). Bracing morning walk with my missus in the smoking mountains. Breakfast on tiny crispy salty soy fermented fish on warm rice, whilst gazing over waterfall out the back of room. Morning Onsen then meet up with my brother to watch Wales knock England out of the rugby world cup............again.     it's a sweet drink that never gets too sickly.   Post match meal of fresh Sea Urchin, super fatty tuna nigiri. BBQ Eel. Horse. Kobe Beef. All washed down with ice cold Yebisu and indoor smoking. LGCMD no 2. 

Off for a bit of kareoke, where I pull off a faultless rendition off "It's only love" by Elvis..... Without splitting my pants or rupturing anything.

The rest is private thank you very much.

- Morning working

- Afternoon climbing

- Late afternoon / early evening with my kids

- Evening dinner with friends and then a smoke

Of course, this is a PG version, but all the same it is most of what I really need from life.

• Like 1

Wake up in the wee mornings, well not tooo wee.

Finally able to drag myself up to an early sesh at the gym before work.

Find out I lost a few kilos (or maybe its the lack of water retention during the mornings)

Good workout session, head to work. Half day only, its a Saturday after all!

While checking emails, got a weird call from a gaming company asking me some really plain, really simple questions after verifying my identity.

Seems I've won a couple of million bucks.

Kick back with my last stick of Cohiba EL1966 while I await a truck full of cigars from Australia.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, El Presidente said:

You have one free day.....by free, I mean no commitments. 

No kids, wife, girlfriend, work, parents.....nada. 

One big blank canvas of a day. :D

Would spend the whole day agonizing why and what on earth made me deserve that.

I’d take off paragliding from Chamonix, spend 3 hours working myself up to 5000 m, top land on mt. Blanc, drag out a VR Classicos from 2005 and enjoy the sunshine, - finally take off in the sunset and spiral down to the nearest bar and the biggest Mojito known to mankind?

• Like 1

sleep in, eat steak and eggs breakfast followed by a good cigar with coffee. take a long nap then go to see a good band at a small venue. end the day with a beef wellington dinner with cheesecake for dessert followed by an amazing cigar with some even better whiskey . maybe pop into a strip club at some point in there too?

17 hours ago, rcarlson said:

Also two chicks at the same time?

I’d drive up to Yosemite. Grab a bite to eat out there after a long drive. Set up camp. Celebrate with a cigar around the campfire. Make a couple bacon wrapped dogs on the fire. Take a walk with a cigarette partially filled with something else. Come back and relax in the tent and watch the stars and listen to the river and probably miss my gf and daughter. 

• Haha 1

On 10/7/2019 at 7:44 AM, Habana Mike said:

Big Island. Up before the sun.

Loco Moco and Peaberry Kona coffee for breakfast.

Head to the harbor for some deep sea fishing with a couple of great friends on Grander Alley off Kailua Kona.

Perfect weather, smooth waters.

Slow start to the day,  couple of beers and a vintage cigar.

Then a half ton plus blue Marlin hits when it's my turn in the chair.

Fight that sucker the better part of the afternoon, land him and fire up a celebratory smoke!

We also get some Tuna and Mahi Mahi on the way in.

Enjoy the freshest sashimi and consume some good rum heading back followed by our Mahi prepared Salt and Pepper at the Ocean Seafood Chinese restaurant.

Cigars and tropical drinks on the lanai overlooking the ocean with Maui in the distance as the sun sets.

Once back home my wife comes in all sexy and sultry, we take it from there.

Sleep like a rock.

Wow, amazing...why would you have it any other way . ??

• Like 1

It'd be a nice, sunny, warm day. Not a cloud in the sky.  In Havana. :D

I'd start my day with a modest breakfast.  Then head to HNC for an espresso or two and have a few short smokes.

Take a walk through old Havana. Stopping here and there for a drink and a cigar.  Have lunch at La Terraza.  (Mixed grill or Lamb. Or both!) Lots of frozen Mojitos as well.

Make my way to Club Habana, pickup some Monsdales and relax on the beach with a nice beer.

Back to Havana, dinner at Al Ajibe.  Clay pot chicken.  Maybe grab a wine from their cellar.  Enjoy a cigar.

Head back to HNC's back deck to relax with more cigars and drinks.  If I feel hungry, I'll order  a Cubano.

Realistically.  I'd be happy to have the house to myself on a sunny day.  Make some bacon and eggs for breakfast.  Setup outside with my laptop, Ipod a choice selection of drinks and cigars.  Read a book on my "to read" list.  Grill something for lunch.  Maybe order in a good pizza for dinner and crack open a nice bottle of Italian wine.  Amarone most likely.