Partagas D4 (pic heavy)

Silverstix

and just to confuse things further, CCW shows this as the D4 band - note the "." after the word Partagas, after the 'D', and after the '4'.  I've never seen a D4 with dots in these places before.....The cigar I was gifted has the "." which matches CCW, but the cigar I bought from FOH does not have the "." 

partagas-serie-d-no4-jpg.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The 4-5 mm difference in length would be considered most unusual...

• 4 weeks later...

What jumped out to me on the first set of pics was the cap... I couldn't quite tell with the darkness of the wrapper, but it looked like what I think I've been told is a double cap. The cap on the legit one looked gorgeous and is what i'm used to.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

On 10/10/2019 at 10:06 AM, Silverstix said:

and just to confuse things further, CCW shows this as the D4 band - note the "." after the word Partagas, after the 'D', and after the '4'.  I've never seen a D4 with dots in these places before.....The cigar I was gifted has the "." which matches CCW, but the cigar I bought from FOH does not have the "." 

partagas-serie-d-no4-jpg.jpg

Note that on the CCW site, it explains the 3 periods as a supplier error that appeared on the first bands but was corrected.

So your D4 from FOH is good with only 1 period, and a D4 with 3 periods *could* theoretically be legit - but seeing how the cigar was released in 1975 (per CCW), I'd say that's a long shot.  Not to mention the length difference, as others have noted...

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/10/2019 at 12:33 PM, Silverstix said:

Thanks gents for the replies.  I think I'm going to sacrifice the "3 dot" cigar and cut it open 

What did you find?