Video Review - Punch 898 Asia Pacific Regional

MoeFOH

@Ken Gargett what sort of cattle are they growing around your neck of the woods? I'd love to send some Arkansas Black Angus your way from my area. It might not be up to the level you have down there but the grass finished prime in these parts is down right delicious. 

• Like 1

Agree with your review after the one i smoked yesterday but the final third was a little harsh but the box was also Jun 19 so it was forgiven.  Not sure if these will age more than 5 years as its relatively mild but great smoke, definitely the best Punch I've smoked.

On 10/14/2019 at 8:18 AM, Fugu said:

Always preferred the Punch over the Lusi. Popularity isn't always equating with quality. But basically I agree, Punch has been treated badly by Habanos, with the loss of so many emblematic cigars. But then again couldn't that be said about a lot of others?

for me, definitely the other way. had a box of punch DCs and they disappointed endlessly. never been tempted back. lusi's are one of the very great for me. 

abbott and costello? can rob be both? 

On 10/16/2019 at 2:28 PM, Bram Smoker said:

@Ken Gargett what sort of cattle are they growing around your neck of the woods? I'd love to send some Arkansas Black Angus your way from my area. It might not be up to the level you have down there but the grass finished prime in these parts is down right delicious. 

absolutely no idea. 

while that would be very kind, lord knows what i'd do with a real cow or where i'd put it. 

i do know that they lose one every now and again thanks to the brown snakes. 

13 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

for me, definitely the other way. had a box of punch DCs and they disappointed endlessly. never been tempted back. lusi's are one of the very great for me.

Haha, for me it's surely the reverse. But that's personal preference for you, I guess. I will take a Party 898 any day over a (recent) Lusi. The Punch DC (and you may add the Churchill) is the way more exciting cigar for me. Actually, the last good "Lusi" I had was the LE Selección Privada...

Out of interest and OT - how was your 2013 Hermannshöhle GG I spotted on IG?