What do you drink

Cognac with some fruity smokes, whisk(e)y with most other, some times beer, coffee, water, rootbeer. I think it just depends on the time of day and what you feel like drinking and smoking. The brain knows what you desire,.dont bother fighting it.

favorite is sparkling wine (champagne or other), that and coffee goes with any cigar. also like white wine, orange soda, 7up, negronis, boulevardiers, margarita on the rocks, and whisky of nearly any kind. beer always seems to detract from a cigar, and i say that as someone who drinks beer more than any other recreational beverage. red wine seems a no-go as well.

-dobbs

• Like 1

Generally whatever is in the glass at the moment. That said, nothing that would detract like a super hoppy IPA.

I like to drink a lot of liquid when I smoke cigars, like 32 oz at least, some times twice that. So its usually water because drinking that much coffee will ruin me, as will liquor. What I have been enjoying is certain cocktails like negronis or Apéritifs watered down significantly. I would never drink a Pastis straight with a cigar, but a slug of it watered down in a big mason jar takes something that would be overwhelming and turns it into a nice little cleansing note instead.