Finally, someone gave me a fake cohiba

I’ve reached a major milestone in my cigar experience.   Finally, I was given a fake cigar from an eager, enthusiastic pal who’s family member just came home from Cuba.  It played out exactly as you’d think “hey my uncle was down in Havana, and guess what, the bellhops brother works for cohiba! ANNNNDD he sold my uncle a box for a crazy deal.”
At this point I know in my gut its fake and looking at my pals enthusiastic face I know I’m about to break his heart so I bleat out with only hearing that story “it’s probably fake, I’m so sorry” haha. Well.  Turns out it’s a fake   Last thing he said was “my uncles gonna be so mad” haha 

35C7B032-31B8-4440-9B23-0B03C4ACF02D.jpeg

• Like 3

I'd hate to say how many fakes I may have smoked?  A close friend had 2 boys who worked the door at the then new Bellagio Hotel in Las Vegas where the kids constantly were given cigars as tips.  Dad didn't smoke cigars but knew I did and the young men told me they cut them up to make the occasional blunt.  From then on, they returned to Iowa (and me) with a handful of cigars, not all Cuban, but all expensive in appearance.  Cubans were wrapped in aluminum foil as they were gifted sans cello.  And for the most part, I just smoked them or gifted to others without a 2nd thought on authenticity?  For awhile, I even thought the spelling Habana signified fake?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, HumidorJuan said:

35C7B032-31B8-4440-9B23-0B03C4ACF02D.jpeg

*EEUUUWWWE  :covereyes:  That's EEYYOOGLY  

I have to wonder where you would find such an obviously fake band in Cuba?

surely there are plenty of real Cohiba bands floating around.

or are they importing fakes from Costa Rica ?