Running Box Code List - NO Factories

Just now, bundwallah said:

@FatherOfPugs  Nice work!  I will gladly add this to ReFOHrence.  Will you maintain this link?  If not, I will post what you have for now and update it when you update yours.

Thank you! I am going to maintain the link. If for some reason it stops working, please let me know. I only plan on adding codes to it as they come up on the CC purchase thread and 24:24.

• Like 1

Just now, bbguardsp said:

Can I post missing codes for you to add?  I have some screenshots of 24:24 that arent on your doc.

Just sent you a message.

If you have codes to add, shoot me a PM and I will send you my email address to send missing codes (screenshots of 24:24 I may have missed, or if you have pics of boxes with codes I don't have on there). 

This doc is awesome! Particularly helpful for a newbie like myself trying to figure things out a bit, including what has historically come up in 24:24 and when. For instance while a bit more recently made than others when offered it turns out that the BRC has not been offered on 24:24 for some time until offered last week. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, FatherOfPugs said:

Hi all,

I think the latest one of these I did last year got buried, so I'll post it here again. I have a running box code list of all the boxes that folks have posted pictures of in the latest CC purchase as well as what has been put up as codes by the FoH team on 24:24. I slacked off a little bit this summer when my little guy was born (had a few other things on the docket, lol!). I'm back to getting this running again and here is the link. Anyone with the link can view it, I'm the only one that can edit it. This does NOT indicate anything about which factory the cigars came from, it simply lists marca, vitola, and box code/date. I also put on when it was listed on 24:24 (again, short lapse from the summer). My thought in putting this together is that a lot of times folks are inquiring about codes that were up on a certain day, you may have to do a little digging and by hitting control + F, the Find function will come up and you can type in the date in the format mm/dd/yy like 10/15/19 for instance. There is a tab for each marca. 

@JohnS @bundwallah is this something that would be useful to put in the ReFOHrence section? 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18vE7tntcgvtwy-iVur19IHwvovHXJvrhHFGUXVwdP6U/edit?usp=sharing

Thank you!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, garbandz said:

that means the quality has not been up to Rob's standards.

this is a good thing.

Interesting. As was the aside from Rob that he had already inspected 6000 boxes so far this month in describing the quality of the RASS offered in today’s 24:24, so with rough math that puts around 400 boxes a day subject to inspection at some level. It would be interesting to see where the boxes that don’t meet his standards end up in the wholesale market. 

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

@La_Tigre Have a look and see if this uploaded. I used @FatherOfPugs brilliant master list, and cross referenced box code and dates from the historical box code list on the reference site. This should give you a good idea of boxes that have pictures of the box codes and those codes fit the timeframe for being produced at EL.

EL Vitolas.xlsx

• Thanks 3

I came across a box of Maduro genios with the code MLO JUN 15.... looking at archives, I see that box code was a Partagas factory barcode back in 2011. Is it possible that the barcode would linger for that long? Or another factory would use the same code again? I tag @Elpresidente only because he would probably have handled a few boxes over the years and could share some info; but I welcome anyone’s response. 

1 hour ago, Mikeltee said:

Great work papa pugs... I wish this was a sticky! In addition to factory codes, this would make a great app, especially if it could update itself everyday...

I update it after every 24:24 (almost). I may miss 1 or 2, but for the most part, I update it everyday there is a new 24:24 offering. 

29 minutes ago, Carlo13 said:

I came across a box of Maduro genios with the code MLO JUN 15.... looking at archives, I see that box code was a Partagas factory barcode back in 2011. Is it possible that the barcode would linger for that long? Or another factory would use the same code again? I tag @Elpresidente only because he would probably have handled a few boxes over the years and could share some info; but I welcome anyone’s response. 

From what I've seen over the years, there are only so many combinations of letters that HSA can use given the letters they use and the ones they don't. So, they may re-use a code for a different factory after a number of years. 

17 hours ago, Carlo13 said:

I came across a box of Maduro genios with the code MLO JUN 15.... looking at archives, I see that box code was a Partagas factory barcode back in 2011.

No such code as MLO for Partagas. 2011 had seen POL and OGA (switching sometime Mar/Apr). I suspect yours should read MUO instead of MLO (you might check stamping again) and as such for 2015 would signify EL-rolled (boxed at least...;)).

• 1 month later...
On 2/6/2020 at 3:59 PM, Bram Smoker said:

@La_Tigre Have a look and see if this uploaded. I used @FatherOfPugs brilliant master list, and cross referenced box code and dates from the historical box code list on the reference site. This should give you a good idea of boxes that have pictures of the box codes and those codes fit the timeframe for being produced at EL.

EL Vitolas.xlsx 87.71 kB · 43 downloads

Thanks again for sorting this list. And big thanks to @FatherOfPugs for making it all happen!

• Like 2

I've been working to up my security on a LOT of things. If you would like to access this list, please send me a PM with your name and email address and I will give you access to it. The change is in an effort to improve security and limit access to those with whom I know have access. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

@Bri Fi Here is the thread. 

I think I've added everyone who has request access, if I skipped over you, it was not intentional. Send a request for access again, and I will allow you to view it.

Thanks

• Like 3