WINNER & RESULT ANNOUNCED!! 50/50 FOH's Weekly Poll Comp: #29

50/50 Poll #29  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Imagine one cuisine was soon to be gone forever, which would you keep?

This poll is closed to new votes

13 minutes ago, SenorPerfecto said:

Horrifyingly clear that you chaps have yet to eat a decent Mexican meal.

I agree.  Can be a tough poll based solely on that fact.  For me, not a day goes by that I don’t crave some version of salsa or a burrito.  That said, there’s just a lot of good Italian food worldwide - certainly haven’t observed the same regarding Mexican food. 

• Like 1

This is indeed a very tough poll.....

I love both, but being someone that loves cooking, I find Italian cooking a little more versatile and comforting. My favorite meal is Lasagne after all.

One can create something that cooks low and slow for hours on a weekend or whip up some quick pasta on a weeknight. 

Like I said, tough because my son and I do enjoy Mexican, especially Taco Tuesdays ;) 

Voted Italian initially though agree with many of the sentiments above.

There's a huge variety in Mexican cuisine  from North to South, East to West. It's a much larger country so logical. Good Mexican can be great!

Tough choice.

More awareness about the variety with mexican could change my vote.

Nevertheless, Italian stays.  Mmmmm -food!

Fortunately this is just for fuñ, and both cuisines stay, and I don’t have to give up the hot spicy chile sauces and chile rellenos!

There is red wine indigenous to Mexico, how does it taste? Maybe I’ll soon find out?!  90% of it is produced in Baja California.

I think pizza garnered Italian a lot of votes here... 71-35 the final result, and for me it was almost impossible to choose!... but pizza, yeah, how could there be a world without pizza! :hungry:

To the random draw sampler... that went to @Phillys !!

Congrats!! :party:

Please PM your details (name, address and email) to me @MoeFOH and we'll arrange dispatch of your prize.

Thanks to all who participated. Next poll up tomorrow. Stay tuned! :thumbsup:

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, MoeFOH said:

I think pizza garnered Italian a lot of votes here... 71-35 the final result, and for me it was almost impossible to choose!... but pizza, yeah, how could there be a world without pizza! :hungry:

Please PM your details (name, address and email) to me @MoeFOH and we'll arrange dispatch of your prize.

bizarre thing is, and i voted italian without hesitation, i'll eat almost anything but i have never been a fan of pizza. happy to eat it, seen some good ones. but i would not have deliberately ordered it, when there were options, for forty years.

thankfully, for me, italian cuisine is so much more. one of our top chefs here, originally from naples, is a great mate and he does amazing tripe - he always does extra and gives me a yell and i go around and collect it and it is heaven. cooked with a little tomato, garlic, chili and given a sprinkling of parmesan, take me now lord. i have to drive across town for it which i do in a heartbeat but i'd struggle to cross the road for any pizza (even his, though i am not mentioning that to him). 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ken Gargett said:

bizarre thing is, and i voted italian without hesitation, i'll eat almost anything but i have never been a fan of pizza. happy to eat it, seen some good ones. but i would not have deliberately ordered it, when there were options, for forty years.

thankfully, for me, italian cuisine is so much more. one of our top chefs here, originally from naples, is a great mate and he does amazing tripe - he always does extra and gives me a yell and i go around and collect it and it is heaven. cooked with a little tomato, garlic, chili and given a sprinkling of parmesan, take me now lord. i have to drive across town for it which i do in a heartbeat but i'd struggle to cross the road for any pizza (even his, though i am not mentioning that to him). 

I think the really interesting thing is that most other cultures have vastly changed pizza to what the original Italian pizza is/was like. At least that was my experience in Italy. 

Regardless, I love all the variations, from the low-down dirty to the high-end snooty stuff. And a footy get-together with mates is not the same without pizza! 

All that said, I'd be wildly depressed in a world without Mexican, too. My god, some of the best meals I've ever had! Especially in the States. 

36 minutes ago, MoeFOH said:

think pizza garnered Italian a lot of votes here... 71-35 the final result, and for me it was almost impossible to choose!... but pizza, yeah, how could there be a world without pizza! :hungry:

@Phillys, fagettaboudit! ??

• Haha 1

On 10/29/2019 at 7:49 PM, MoeFOH said:

Thanks!!

I was torn on this one, glad this choice is hypothetical. Kind of situation where you wake up in cold sweats.