2019 INTERNATIONAL BLIND TASTING CIGAR 2 AND 3 REVEAL

Hi everyone

The Second and Third cigar of the 2019 FOH International Blind tasting is ............................ 

CIGAR 2 - PARTAGAS SERIE D 4 - PUS ENE 19

CIGAR 3 - BOLIVAR PETITE CORONA - MSU NOV 18

For those of you who didn't get your pick in don't give up you have 2  more cigars to pick

Next pick for Cigar 4 and 5 are due November 29th , I will start a thread for each cigar 

Until the next time ? 

Lisa

A $25 credit for any cigar you pick right to be used on a box (or sampler) purchase over $125 (USD/AUD) from the carts or 24:24 stock. This must be used within 20 days of the winners of that round being announced (prior to the next round of winners being announced). 

This will keep the admin process nice and easy...

BLIND TASTING 2019 CIGAR 2 AND 3.pdf

• Like 2

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I picked epi 2 because I had a completely flavorless experience, and that's all I've ever had from epi 2. That is hands down the absolute worst psd4 I've ever sampled. Makes me think twice about buyin

That was the sweetest, least earthy, most orange peely D4 I've had. I was torn between JLo2 and CoRo.  It was the least leathery, most creamy BPC I've had. I was torn between Sancho Non-Plus and

Pay attention - we have a leader! 3/5-DOBBS

Damn. Was a coin flip for both, landed on the wrong side for both. My gut was telling me D4 and BPC, should have listened.

• Like 2

Number 2 for me was dead on. I was 99% sure. #3 i too don’t smoke a lot of pc’s but was Alllllllll wood and salt. Zero leather and cream I mean zero. I think maybe it was mis marked ..lol. 

• Like 1

Me too, lol! I got no Partagas DNA whatsoever, maybe  dud, maybe my palate was off. Or I simply don't know what I'm doing, ha! 
The BPC....I picked Monte 4, should've went with my gut. I just don't smoke enough of those size of cigars. At least cigar #3 was very good.
I havent smoked #3 yet, but I already know mine is extremely under filled. I wouldn't be surprised if it only has 60% of the amount of tobacco it should have. Bpc is one of my favorites, so hopefully I can pick up on the flavors when I do smoke it. If I had to pick the worst CC experience I've ever had, outside of unsmokeable plugged sticks, cigar #2 takes the win by a mile. I'm glad some people had good ones. Psd4 is a favorite of mine and I feel that if I had smoked a good one I would have been able to pick it out.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Zero for 3 so far, haha! I’m going to start following @prodigy’s lead, I think I’ll have better luck.

Even though PSD4 is one of the few robustos I’ve never had, I’m quite sure my stick was not representative at all. It was an immaculate dud.

For #3 I picked HU Regalias, just because I thought I detected HU sweetness. This, despite having a stellar box of Regalias that taste nothing like it ?

• Like 1

I will say Cigar #2 seemed spot on for a D4 only a little muted.   I was fairly sure that I would be right for that one.   I have never smoked a BPC and was happy to see I wasn't the only one that guessed Monte #4 for cigar 3.   Since I have only been smoking CC for a little over a year I feel good getting at least one right.   I kick myself for talking myself out of the right guess for Cigar 1 based on the wrapper color.   

I thought Cigar 2 was a Hoyo (for the reasons mentioned by others), and guessed Cigar 3 to be a Sancho Non Plus. Was getting briny (drift)wood notes!! My delusions of running the table after my 1/1 start have come crashing to earth!! ??‍♂️

Argh. I guessed Hoyo de Monterrey for # 2, and Por Larranaga PC for # 3 (based on tasting notes, I got caramel) but I knew I'd be wrong because PL almost always are plugged for me and this one was slightly box pressed also. Oh well.

• Like 1

Ha, ha, ha! a complete fiasco on this tour for me.

With number 2 I felt Partagas in 2/3, but did not believe that it can be such in youth, plus a body&strenght from medium to medium-full - more suited for JL2.

Number 3 no options: only wood, cream and salt. Even the aroma in the room that usually gives Bolivar-it was not. Non Plus - no options.

Great tour and a lot of informative for me

• Like 1

Number 2 didnt taste anything like partagas. It tasted like Bolivar or even CoRo. And it was one of the best cigars I have ever had.

Number 3 I could have swore it was sancho panza non plus. BPC i thought were a little fatter and they normally taste of wet dog for me...

• Like 1

I'm in shock. Total shock.

My #2 was Bolivar Royal Corona all the way. I had no doubts. Boli all the way, baby.  Didn't get any Partagas spice. Coffee and dark chocolate. In fact I'm smoking a BRC right now and it still tastes like it!

My #3 guess was either an SP Non Plus or an RyJ Petit Corona. I was going back and forth. Woody, so woody, salty, savory but the kicker was I tasted a fruit sweetness.  Went with the RyJ.  Definitely not a hint of Bolivar. 

I'm floored. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, MigsG said:

Didn't get any Partagas spice.

My #3 guess was either an SP Non Plus or an RyJ Petit Corona. I was going back and forth. Woody, so woody, salty, savory but the kicker was I tasted a fruit sweetness.  Went with the RyJ.  Definitely not a hint of Bolivar. 

I'm floored. 

#2 had no Partagas spice for me neither. And to think it is actually such a young stick!

I rarely smoke PC size so #3 was always going to be tough - it was all cedar and fruity for me so I went with RyJ as a marca. Was horrified to see there were 3 RyJs in that size?! It did not have the cardboard-ish taste I usually get from Bolivars.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Meklown said:

#2 had no Partagas spice for me neither. And to think it is actually such a young stick!

I rarely smoke PC size so #3 was always going to be tough - it was all cedar and fruity for me so I went with RyJ as a marca. Was horrified to see there were 3 RyJs in that size?! It did not have the cardboard-ish taste I usually get from Bolivars.

Re #3, that was my inclination too.  I knew it wasn't a Coronitas en Cedro as I just had one recently, it didn't have the floral quality of the Mille Fleurs, and so I gravitated toward the Petit Corona. 

Re #2, maybe the D4 blend has changed last couple of years? 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, nKostyan said:

Ha, ha, ha! a complete fiasco on this tour for me.

With number 2 I felt Partagas in 2/3, but did not believe that it can be such in youth, plus a body&strenght from medium to medium-full - more suited for JL2.

Number 3 no options: only wood, cream and salt. Even the aroma in the room that usually gives Bolivar-it was not. Non Plus - no options.

Great tour and a lot of informative for me emoji106.png

Haha, for me as well. 

6 hours ago, lovethehaze said:

Number 2 for me was dead on. I was 99% sure. #3 i too don’t smoke a lot of pc’s but was Alllllllll wood and salt. Zero leather and cream I mean zero. I think maybe it was mis marked ..lol. 

Congrats on getting #2 right! 

• Like 1

I guessed #2 was an Epi 2. Really surprised by this reveal. Mine was so much blander and milder than I think of D4 being. I’m going to smoke these two side by side soon to see.

#3 I wondered about Non-plus too - definitely got saltiness. But it developed what I think of as the classic BPC richness, and that was my final choice. Loved it btw.

So I’m 1:3 so far. Suitably humbled but also grateful to avoid a total wipeout.

• Like 1