2019 INTERNATIONAL BLIND TASTING CIGAR 2 AND 3 REVEAL

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I picked epi 2 because I had a completely flavorless experience, and that's all I've ever had from epi 2. That is hands down the absolute worst psd4 I've ever sampled. Makes me think twice about buyin

That was the sweetest, least earthy, most orange peely D4 I've had. I was torn between JLo2 and CoRo.  It was the least leathery, most creamy BPC I've had. I was torn between Sancho Non-Plus and

Pay attention - we have a leader! 3/5-DOBBS

Seems there was a pretty big difference in the experiences here. Lots of people felt #2 was lifeless, mine was great. I would have gone PSD4 but there was more sweetness and less in the spices than I usually expect in a D4 - learned my lesson on that one. I went with a CoRo because that was the closest I could get with it, even though chances of him throwing a CoRo in there seemed slim.

I don't smoke much of the PC format so I was really on a limb here. I went with the HU Regalias

• Like 1

12 hours ago, nKostyan said:

Pay attention - we have a leader!
3/5-DOBBS emoji106.png

ha! i was pretty confident with #1 and #2, got lucky with #3, it wasn't a guess, but i didn't feel like i had a good handle on it. we'll see how the last two fare, thanks!

-dobbs

• Like 3

ha! i was pretty confident with #1 and #2, got lucky with #3, it wasn't a guess, but i didn't feel like i had a good handle on it. we'll see how the last two fare, thanks!
-dobbs

You must defeat the cunning El Presidente! We'll hold our fists for your 5/5
  • Like 1

0-3  ha ha.

Can believe the Partagas D4, though I thought it was too mild to be so, but scratching my head on the BPC-didn't get any Bolivar DNA in mine; thought it was a non plus or RGPC.

• Like 2

I'm moving on now after my earlier rant. ?

Going to smoke #4 this afternoon. :hungry:

• Like 3

3 hours ago, nKostyan said:

You must defeat the cunning El Presidente! We'll hold our fists for your 5/5 emoji2.png

I agree! When will you smoke your #4?

I am 0/3 but a member of another site sent me his guesses purely based on one picture and he is 3/3 ...

I'm wondering if I should change my last guesses!

• Like 1

I smoke tons of H Upmann no 2, Partagas D4 and BPC. The cigars I received didn’t taste anything like those.

The robusto was bland with honey and grass notes. Wtf that ain’t no D4. 

The PC was cream and hints of fruit certainly not a BPC. 

lmao

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, fitzy said:

I smoke tons of H Upmann no 2, Partagas D4 and BPC. The cigars I received didn’t taste anything like those.

The robusto was bland with honey and grass notes. Wtf that ain’t no D4. 

The PC was cream and hints of fruit certainly not a BPC. 

lmao

I have smoked a lot of BPC and got that one right. I have not smoked a lot of D4 (not everyone loves them, and this one didn't do anything for me either) or Upmann 2 (I guessed Dip 2 because I loved my sample, but I will be smoking more Upmann 2 if this is what they're like new!).

7 hours ago, BeerPimp said:

How close in flavor profile are Monte 4's and BPC's?

They range between exactly the same and completely different. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Got the PSD4. But the BPC? Holy cow. I guessed Siglo II! I'm still in disbelief. NO Boli DNA. Nothing. Got all lemongrass. Just under medium. Very smooth and flavorful. Only Marevas like that is the Siglo II. 

I could have smoked another hundred and never thought BPC. Wow. 

I think mine got switched by mistake...

• Like 1

On 10/29/2019 at 9:54 AM, mwaller said:

Does anyone here have a box of MSU NOV 18 Bolivar Petit Coronas? If so, are they as good as the sticks supplied for the blind tasting?

No kidding. That blind stick would be the best BPC I've ever had, due in no small part to the fact that it tasted nothing like a BPC or any other Boli for that matter!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, NSXCIGAR said:

No kidding. That blind stick would be the best BPC I've ever had, due in no small part to the fact that it tasted nothing like a BPC or any other Boli for that matter!

I thought it was fairly tasteless salty driftwood. Not a fan but I put my money of sancho panza non plus. I swore it was that.

It was no bolivar petit Corona. I have a range of boxes and they are all fairly consistent and taste of wet dog. I love bolivar but not the petit corona

14 hours ago, Ritch said:

I thought it was fairly tasteless salty driftwood. Not a fan but I put my money of sancho panza non plus. I swore it was that.

It was no bolivar petit Corona. I have a range of boxes and they are all fairly consistent and taste of wet dog. I love bolivar but not the petit corona

Amazing. Mine was full of flavor. Not earthy or leathery in any way though. As I said, I had it pegged as a Siglo II. If I had thought about it I might have said BPC was the least likely. 

• Like 2