Punch Punch LDCH 48 LGR FEB 19 (NTYRW)

Now that I look back on this year Punch Punch is at in the list for my top CC.   Except I have not smoked enough of them.  When I read the review of the Punch Punch LCDH 48 on the 24:24 and it said typical punch flavors with a touch of saltiness/Peanut I had to pick up a box of 10.   The Corona Gorda is definitely in the sweet spot of my preference for Vitolas.   I was planning on smoking this cigar on my deck but it decided to get cold.   So when my friends decided to meet up for a couple beers at the local bar I figured I would start there and head to the local Cigar bar.   It was a friends birthday that I have been promising to meet up for cigars so it worked out perfectly.   Cold draw was light tobacco and cedar.   The draw was about as good as you can expect.  I paired it with High West Prarie Fire whiskey.  Which is a mix of bourbon, rye and peated scotch.

First third starts very light with a hint of cream.   It seems to be burning good.

1018354375_punch48lcdh01.thumb.jpg.f5a56ceea057c18c157c8a2622bce70c.jpg

Second third it starts to pick up and I am getting typical punch notes cedar, leather, and clove.

141972243_punch48lcdh02.thumb.jpg.91bc9d39fcfe4d1aa95aab32d357489a.jpg

Final third is more of the cedar, leather, and clove.   But I also am getting black pepper and some saltiness.   Not sure I get the peanut profile some claim.  I could see them develop some of that.  It burned fairly well I had to do some touchups.  I had to relight it a couple times but that was purely my talking too long between puffs.    I am definitely going to lest these rest a couple more months and then try another one.   I really do like the Punch Punch profile and this seems like it has that  plus some saltiness.    I definitely feel lucky to have several cigar bars to smoke at in the winter.

527096970_punch48lcdh03.thumb.jpg.284869ba4ad9a0d356a76733f05427c3.jpg

• Like 4