First trip to the Island in May 2020

SwissPEP

Hey all FOH,

Finylly will fly to CUBA after many yyears lurking on the forums (FoH and others)....

I just wanted to share my future and first trip to Cuba in May 2020 (4th - 20th ca.)

After a long time waiting to get the possibility to travel again, I decided to fly to the Cuba finally and also I wanted to gift my dear mom to discover it too.

Will travel there to an acquaintance parents in Havana and maybe a few days in a resort (has to be defined at this moment... ).

Will also be very happy to meet with any Foh Members who will be there on these dates 

PS: More infos will follw here as  I get confirmations

• Like 1

Ditto! I made two trips down this year, the last just a couple of weeks ago.

Ask away!...

• 3 months later...

Updates :

Dates are confirmed => May 7th until May 20th 2020.

Last 3-4 days will be in Varadero in a Resort for a few days rest before to fly back home.

I was wondering what's the Custom roller to visit for skinnies Rg cigar ? ( like some earthy and floral cigar notes in general but I am open to discover new thing, as I am still a young CC smoker). 

Vinales will for sure be one location I am going to visit. (Jorge will be the driver) 

Any paladares to visit for a nice sea food meal ?  As the person travelling with me as her birthday just around the dates of the trip, I wish to make surprise and get a nice surprise meal at a good place with your advices.  

Nothing planned for the moment for excursion and all, but have contacted Jorge and will arrange all with him ( what a great person he is)

Thanks all for your advices and inputs 

Enjoy your day 

On 3/2/2020 at 1:30 AM, SwissPEP said:

Updates :

Last 3-4 days will be in Varadero in a Resort for a few days rest before to fly back home.

I was wondering what's the Custom roller to visit for skinnies Rg cigar ? ( like some earthy and floral cigar notes in general but I am open to discover new thing, as I am still a young CC smoker). 

Vinales will for sure be one location I am going to visit. (Jorge will be the driver) 

Any paladares to visit for a nice sea food meal ?  As the person travelling with me as her birthday just around the dates of the trip, I wish to make surprise and get a nice surprise meal at a good place with your advices.  

Nothing planned for the moment for excursion and all, but have contacted Jorge and will arrange all with him ( what a great person he is)

Thanks all for your advices and inputs 

Enjoy your day 

All of them will roll skinnies but they may not have any on-hand--you would have to come back in several days to get them. While I'm no longer sure what counts as a skinny, you should see Alex at Comodoro for his Puntillas and Lanceros (Double Lanceros if you dare as well).  

On 3/2/2020 at 1:30 AM, SwissPEP said:

Updates :

Been there many times.  I'll be there May 8th thru the 14th.  Stop by hotel nacional in the evenings if you need anything.  I'll be there smoking away.

• Like 1

Hello Monterrey

Much apreciated from you

Will try to come visit Nacional and definitively will smoke one together

Thanks a lot

If you head out the back and head straight until you go no further, I'll be to the left overlooking the ocean.  Probably towards the end since every time I go, more and more people seemed to be annoyed with cigar smoke.  I'll be there with a cigar and my ebook every evening.

I'll also be hitting every LCDH in Havana, you are more than welcome to join.

In Vinales, try to eat at Sunset Restaurant (Restaurante Sun Set) Agroecologico. It is a gorgeous rustic farm to table fresh food place with great everything--drinks, meats, salads, sides, service, ambiance, views...a short walk off the beaten path. People in town will know it by name. Make a reservation if you want to eat there during the sunset. But its pretty any time. You will eat lots of delicious food for less than what you pay for a good meal at home, wherever home is. It's not dirt cheap but it's really not much more than eating anywhere else. I don't find Vinales to be a great cigar town...you see very little cigar smoking going on other than at the tobacco farms. But it's such a fun place to visit and I hope you make it out there.

• Like 1