Your favourite Cuban custom cigars

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Prietos are a cut above the rest, I think. Smooth flavorful and well constructed. I describe them to people as smoking a stick of butter that's been rolled in dark brown sugar. Hector is a great guy t

If only FOH had a group buy thread and contact. I’d certainly buy regularly. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Taboada, Hamlet, Mons, La China, Reynaldo, Alex, HLP,  Jorge, Santos, Papos I've enjoyed along the way. First few are no longer with us, rolling much anymore or working on the island.

HLP, Alex and Reynaldo are what I'll be bringing back this year.

• 4 weeks later...

Lucky to have scored some recent Alex La Puntilla (Nov.19) thanks to a friend. These are even better than last year's. Had a couple of his larger ring gauge cigars as well and they were fantastic. I was able to get my bud to part with a couple of Prietos that I'm excited to smoke.

I have not had a bad custom roll yet, only had an Alex salomones (which was phenomenal), and Johnny-O custom which are some of my favorites. Really looking to get more into the custom rolled cigars. 

I have been fortunate enough to try several vitolas from Reynaldo, Alex and Yolanda as well as some picked up at Nacional and a few Johnny-Os back in the day. All have been great. The most memorable have definitely been the Reynaldo Robustos and Yolanda “Dalitos”.

I’d love to try Prieto’s sticks at his Casa, actual Monsdales, the new Jorge Monsdales, and Alex’s Churchills and Double Lancero.

I’ll be a repeat buyer of anything Reynaldo or Alex.

The biggest mistake that I made in 2019.

I bought 3 of Juanita’s Laguito #1’s (?) 192x39.

I should still be there, waiting for her to roll me the 10,000th of my request!

Brilliant! 3 month’s rest, better than a T Fundadores.

6 hours ago, Chas.Alpha said:

The biggest mistake that I made in 2019.

I bought 3 of Juanita’s Laguito #1’s (?) 192x39.

I should still be there, waiting for her to roll me the 10,000th of my request!

Brilliant! 3 month’s rest, better than a T Fundadores.

Oooo definitely getting these next time. I'll be the judge of that :ok:

Hamlet Salomones were always a favourite, hard to come by now though.

Yolanda lonsdales were always very aromatic and mild, she has mostly retired from rolling now.

To be honest I had been a little disappointed with Alex's (Comodoro) La Puntillas in the past, maybe it was the mood I was in or whatever, but I bought a bundle from Alex a couple of weeks ago and they were just lovely. Great cigar and a very good price at $115 for 25. None left from the bundle of 25.

Here's Punch Joe smoking one at our casa a couple of weeks ago.

IMG_4986.thumb.JPG.6a24f7efb5163e3bc07280f78d365d13.JPG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ryan said:

Hamlet Salomones were always a favourite, hard to come by now though.

Yolanda lonsdales were always very aromatic and mild, she has mostly retired from rolling now.

To be honest I had been a little disappointed with Alex's (Comodoro) La Puntillas in the past, maybe it was the mood I was in or whatever, but I bought a bundle from Alex a couple of weeks ago and they were just lovely. Great cigar and a very good price at $115 for 25. None left from the bundle of 25.

Here's Punch Joe smoking one at our casa a couple of weeks ago.

IMG_4986.thumb.JPG.6a24f7efb5163e3bc07280f78d365d13.JPG

Link to casa?? Lol love to stay there

• Like 1

Forgive me but I'm slow now to provide public links to casas where I stay in Cuba.

I have been bumped out of two in the past by people who have given better offers to the landlords, either better rates or more nights.

On 12/3/2019 at 1:44 PM, Ryan said:

Forgive me but I'm slow now to provide public links to casas where I stay in Cuba.

Wise move ... ?

I only provide public links to Paladares nowadays.

• Like 1

On 11/4/2019 at 2:57 PM, Viva Vegas said:

Leopoldina Gutierrez aka 'La China’ @ Partagas LCDH at Calle Industria #520, Centro Habana has great torpedo rolls for $5.00 each . Smoke great fresh and have in my humidor too. I think these Sticks are the best custom rolls I have had so far.

When I stopped in and asked for these, everyone laughed at me.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Jeanff said:

Was in Partagas yesterday and she sold salomons to a client. Any idea on the torcedor’s identity?

No, but I am sure you asked her ...