WINNER ANNOUNCED!! Weekend Review Competition: Nemesis Cigars

We did "Old Faithful"  last weekend....this weekend we look at his evil twin....the Nemesis Cigar. 

Nemesis Cigar = that cigar that you have never come to grip with, that cigar that you have never really liked, that cigar that has never lived up to expectation......that maybe has been given its final chance and failed.....or maybe this is its final chance.  It can be Cuban or non Cuban. 

Maybe just maybe....the cigar will rise like a phoenix :spotlight:

Review your Nemesis cigar and go into the draw for a Christmas Sampler. 

1. Start a new thread in the Waterhole. 
  2. Use this format:   Ramon Allones Specially Select  UEB OCT 18  (NRW)
  3. Add a photo or two
  4. A detailed review + score it in your own way. 

If you don't have a date code, give us a year. 

To be drawn Wednesday local time!

Have a fantastic weekend :thumbsup:

NRW = Nemesis Review Weekend!

10 hours ago, Fuzz said:

That means anything Bolivar for me.  :rotfl:

Wow!!! Are you in Oz? Alternate universe for me up here in NA. I have only had one "bad" Bolivar and that was a turd in a gold wrapper. All vitolas were always spot on in terms of construction and flavor. Ironically if I have a "Nemesis" brand it is Ramon Allones 

11 hours ago, gr8eman said:

Wow!!! Are you in Oz? Alternate universe for me up here in NA. I have only had one "bad" Bolivar and that was a turd in a gold wrapper. All vitolas were always spot on in terms of construction and flavor. Ironically if I have a "Nemesis" brand it is Ramon Allones 

Yes I am, but we spell it Aus over here. :lol3:

*FUENTE FUENTE OPUS X.  I have tried and given this cigar chance after chance - nuthin' for me as far as anything except "Ordinary." VERY ordinary. Didn't do a thing for me. I'm happy so many of my fellow Aficionados LOOOVE this cigar so...was able to trade mine for some very good regular production and even some special release Habanos for them. It's no use. I know it's a quality smoke and well done. I even acquired The Lost City Opus X - no real "oomph" or "umph" for me here. I didn't hate it - like I did the Vegueros Manitana or especially Fonsca KDT or Cosacos - BLEHHH.  So keep on truckin' with it, y'all. No top fan of this cigar here :no:

I know you going to think I’m crazy but Montecristo #2 Is my nemesis cigar. My first experience was from a 25 count box from 2005. The most recent purchase was In September. I decided to give it one more try and bought a three pack from France. The problem I had is the inconsistent taste. They are either plugged or have burning issues. The problem could with be me, haha , but the five times that I smoked them it ended poorly. E6048D8E-14EF-4B9B-BCD2-5D4449E4E27C.thumb.jpeg.b7b45fec1c397f8ce8e45e56321703ae.jpeg5DC71971-32BD-400E-9262-DA4D7BAF1C61.thumb.jpeg.eb44eac3ffa028cb39812c136e9ce10c.jpeg73D241BC-436A-456C-BB7F-FCC0DCB6C92B.thumb.jpeg.2ed84383354150678b3a8907cc41b382.jpeg

• Like 2

• MoeFOH unpinned this topic

A great response to finding that Bond villain of your collection! :clap:...And very interesting to see which marques/vitolas popped up on people's radars for this. :looking:

To the random draw winner of the Xmas Sampler... and that goes to @JoeyBones777 !!

Congrats!! :party:

Please PM your details (name, address and email) to me @MoeFOH and we'll arrange dispatch of your prize. 

Thanks to all who participated. Next comp details up on Friday - stay tuned! :thumbsup:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1