Terminal 3 Havana Duty Free

Haven't gone through there in 2 years now.  But generally, whether in the Havana airport (Jose Marti) or Varadero, many will tend to avoid.  Humidity issues, scam swap-outs, etc.  I don't recall ever buying anything cigar-wise myself through these airport "duty free" shops (same prices as LCDH shops), but I've picked up some last minute rum or coffee on my way out through these.

Stock is generally very hit or miss.  Mostly loaded up with the "tourist trap" sticks (Guantanamera, certain RyJ stuff, small selection of Cohiba and Montecristo stuff, usually a TON of Clubs and Minis and black-tobacco cigarettes).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UnionCityCubano said:

Hey guys, Just curious of anyone experience with the Duty free in terminal three in Havana? Hows the stock in that place? anyone visit recently? Thank you in advance for your help with this matter.

Found some HTF there once -- a Cuba regional that could not be had anywhere else. You never know. But generally Havana duty free is garbage time.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Monterey said:

I'll be there on Monday, I'll report back what they have.

Yes, Please. If you don't mind take a few Pics of their stock. My family frequents the island but usually not through Havana, generally Santa Clara so I know the stock there but I am curious of Havana since starting December 10th all commercial flights will be to Havana. Thank you in advance.

1 minute ago, nino said:

Never bought any cigars at Havana airport nor seen anything worth taking home ...  unless you need Che pics, caps and Tees ...

I don't know about Havana but Santa Clara has a really good selection. But my guess its good because I bet you have less tourist traffic in Santa Clara than in Havana. No thanks on the Che gear, no true cuban is a fan, unless he lives on the island and is forced to like him.  

• Like 3

On 11/8/2019 at 12:54 PM, nino said:

I know - it was the cynical in me commenting on the Che gear tourists will take home after being 2 weeks in Varadero, half a day in Old Havana, listened 50 times "Querido Comandante" and believe they've seen the "real Cuba" .... ?

Y para los que saben de que se habla aqui la estatistica :

1894660732_cheteesstats.png.b1c31c84b9f2e74dd0323b00f288c8ea.png

There's a good documentary called Personal Che about how people use his image and create their own narrative around Che. A lady is being interviewed who has a picture of Che among her pics of Jesus, saints, etc. They ask her why. From what I recall she replies more or less that he was a good Christian, a martyr and so on. When they tell her Che was an atheist she in total disbelief. 

3 hours ago, Burningman said:

There's a good documentary called Personal Che about how people use his image and create their own narrative around Che. A lady is being interviewed who has a picture of Che among her pics of Jesus, saints, etc. They ask her why. From what I recall she replies more or less that he was a good Christian, a martyr and so on. When they tell her Che was an atheist she in total disbelief. 

This is the scene I believe you are referring to (documentary is in Portuguese and Spanish):

• Like 1

My experience is not too great at HAV Marti. You have to stand in front of a counter  and you are unable to check the boxes out yourself. I slipped past the first time and thought the unpleasant woman manning the shop was going to have me beaten and tortured!  I will say that I did get the best looking and smoking Monte 2’s I’ve come across there a few years back. 

I have had great luck at the smaller airports on the island, especially Camaguay. Very large walk in humidor with great selection and not uncommon at all to find 15/16 dated boxes and stacks of QDO and Cuba RE’s. Unfortunately, won’t be going there anymore due to new restrictions. 

17 hours ago, Monterey said:

I was just there a few hours ago. Some cool boxes, bbf, diplomatico 2 (which werr scare in the city lcdh's ). They were to busy to let me on the humidor, but I took pics thru the glass. Will post tomorrow when I get home.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Thank you. looking forward to pictures. its been over 16 years since I have been to that airport. it still had the new smell when I was there.

17 hours ago, Dynamo320 said:

My experience is not too great at HAV Marti. You have to stand in front of a counter  and you are unable to check the boxes out yourself. I slipped past the first time and thought the unpleasant woman manning the shop was going to have me beaten and tortured!  I will say that I did get the best looking and smoking Monte 2’s I’ve come across there a few years back. 

I have had great luck at the smaller airports on the island, especially Camaguay. Very large walk in humidor with great selection and not uncommon at all to find 15/16 dated boxes and stacks of QDO and Cuba RE’s. Unfortunately, won’t be going there anymore due to new restrictions. 

Yea. I am going to try and go in Feb. My family travels a lot to Santa Clara they have a good selection. Too Bad about the restrictions.

17 minutes ago, Monterey said:

Taken yesterday.  Sorry about the picture quality.  They physically blocked the entrance so I didn't go in.  Had to take the pictures threw the glass wall.  They were the only place that I saw 25 count Monty 2..

e.jpg

d.jpg

c.jpg

b.jpg

a.jpg

Monterey,

Thanks for taking the time to do this. This is a much nicer humidor then Santa Clara but I believe there are more gems in Santa Clara than here. That being said this is very well stocked and maintained way better then Santa Clara. I should have pictures from Santa Clara on Saturday and hopefully a decent haul. What did you bring back from the island?

21 minutes ago, Monterey said:

Taken yesterday.  Sorry about the picture quality.  They physically blocked the entrance so I didn't go in.  Had to take the pictures threw the glass wall.  They were the only place that I saw 25 count Monty 2..

e.jpg

d.jpg

c.jpg

b.jpg

a.jpg

This is from the newer Airport in Havana? I am assuming terminal 3. I am impressed with the setup and the quantity and quality of cigars they have on hand.