Illusione Fume D'Amour Clementes (NRW)

1 hour ago, Monterey said:

Actually smoking one right now.  It is one my favorite non-cubans.  Lots of gingerbread.   Great morning cigar with coffee.

Its people like you that make me keep wanting to try one...I'm over it at this point. I've had at least 5 or 6 since their release and it just is not for me. I'll stick with Epernay as my go to NC, Miserere, Haut 10, ECCJ 20th, Original Documents, Rothschilds, Le Grande Classe and the occasional maduro from Illusione. I have the D'Aosta resting to try around Christmas time and I'll likely pick up a 7 horns as well.

4 hours ago, JoeyBones777 said:

It was difficult for me to come up with a nemesis cigar because in general I like everything in my humidor. I chose this one for the review because it really hasn't hit home for me like I was expecting when I got it. I'm a big Illusione fan in general and I should like this cigar as I go through the flavor profile but for some reason it just doesn't do it for me. Also, this is not the first time trying this cigar because I'm perplexed as to why I don't like it.

As usual with Illusione the construction is quite good with a good draw bordering on loose but not quite and great burn throughout producing a good amount of medium to medium full bodied smoke. There is quite a bit of baking spice, a touch of black pepper, cedar, a bit of black coffee on the fringes with a bit of balancing sweetness. The problem for me is though it is balanced it comes off a bit dry for my liking. I enjoy savory smokes with similar flavor profiles but I guess since this particular blend is baking spice forward I would like some cream or more sweetness than present. I don't know, either way this blend is added to the short list of Illusione blends I don't enjoy along with Ultra and Gargariste. If I had to rate it I would give it an 85. It is not a bad cigar but just not for me and it takes a bit of a hit due to my high expectations from Illusione.

20170317_214829.jpg

I’m a big Illusione fan myself, but prefer the smaller smokes, such as the Lagunas in the same Fume D’Amour Series.

• Like 1