The Great FOH cigar tournament Finals! CLOSED

Choose your favorite cigar  

129 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Here we go the finals!

It was mentioned in the semi-finals and I agree if anyone told me before I began this that the final two cigars was the Partagas Lusitanias and the H. Upmann Sir Winnie I wouldn’t have believe them. It also shows that FOH members aren’t brand whores, some plucky cigars made it further than imagined like the PLPC. It’s a great comparison, the two finalists both are long and skinnies, and both are special occasion cigars. Which one would you reach for if they were side by side in your humidor?

Sir Winnie has been reviewed 3 times by FOH and here is the latest one 5 years ago….https://youtu.be/JQJ8oFyESgM the Partagas Lusitanias 3 times as well, here was the latest one 3 years ago… https://youtu.be/Rj8nfwBp8Bg  

Post below which one you chose and why. Let’s see who is crowned FOH’s people’s champion cigar! Voting will end November 22nd.

Hope everyone enjoyed this tournament. I will do a summary post at the end that can be used a reference in the future. Cheers.

Untitled.thumb.jpg.8e6055b6a0c5cc42fc6be385091b22e4.jpg

tenor.gif

• Like 1

2 hours ago, benfica_77 said:

two finalists both are long and skinnies

First time I’ve heard SW referred to as a “skinny”. 

if anyone told me before I began this that the final two cigars was the Partagas Lusitanias and the H. Upmann Sir Winnie I wouldn’t have believe them

If I would have guessed the two finalists, I would have guessed SW and Epsi or CoRo. Out of curiosity, what would you have guessed? 

You did a nice job with this, thanks for your efforts. 

1 hour ago, Markspring1978 said:

First time I’ve heard SW referred to as a “skinny”. 

If I would have guessed the two finalists, I would have guessed SW and Epsi or CoRo. Out of curiosity, what would you have guessed? 

You did a nice job with this, thanks for your efforts. 

I was shocked that the Siglo VI didn't win for Cohiba and subsequently all of it. I thought it would be a Siglo VI vs Trini Fundy as a final. I was shocked that Connie A lost to SW, maybe it's just me but the Connie A when it's on it's hard to beat. 

On a random side note you're latest purchases have been beyond epic. Well done. 

• MoeFOH pinned this topic

Sire Winston wins the finals for me.  I can spend close to 2 hours enjoying one and I'm still wishing it had 2 hours more.  Smooth and tasty.  Just a pleasant experience from the moment I open the box right up until I've burnt my thumb trying to get the last bit of smoke out of it.  

On the golf  course it’s Lucy all the way , a DC is the perfect two hour front nine back nine smoke for me.

When I’m sitting down after a nice meal or even spoiling myself in the morning I’d grab a Sir Winston..

Not really a fair fight, they roll a incredible number of Lucy’s every year and Sir Winston is probably the lowest produced regular production cigar coming out of Cuba.

I love them both❤️

• Like 1

7 hours ago, benfica_77 said:

Which one would you reach for if they were side by side in your humidor?

That's a tough call.  I can see myself grabbing either one in different situations.  I love them both.

But the quality of the Sir Winston has never let me down.  I can't say the same about the Lusitania.  

But the quality of the Sir Winston has never let me down.  I can't say the same about the Lusitania.  

I like them both as well but agree that I haven’t had a Sir Winnie that let me down but I’ve had more tight Lusi’s than Iike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 11/15/2019 at 4:15 PM, chris12381 said:

That's a tough call.  I can see myself grabbing either one in different situations.  I love them both.

I would say exactly the same thing.

Sir Winnie have had consistent flavour and construction over the years. 

If it were based on production cycle/availability then SW doesn't win. So whenever there is an opportunity then I would pounce on them.

I cast my vote based on several video reviews of each on YouTube, not ever having had either.  I went with Lusi. 

I love both of these cigars, especially with age.

Whilst aged Sir Winnies are one of the best, I am surprised that it is leading, based on its rather scant availability.

Lusitanias are consistently excellent and for the most part consistently available. It still is my vote for being overall the best cigar out of Cuba.

• Like 1

Absolutely thankful to @benfica_77 for putting the whole thing together. 

If we do have other editions in the future, I do have a suggestion to tweak how each "brand representative" is chosen. Take for example the voting for Cohiba - yes, Lancero was voted top with 33 votes, Siglo VI 2nd with 27 votes, Robusto 3rd with 21 votes. It would be interesting for me to have seen a series of elimination votes, where the lowest scoring cigars in each round gets eliminated.

It may be the case that the Robusto voters prefer a Siglo VI instead of Lancero, so in the absence of Robusto in the vote, the Siglo VI might have won out in a straight head-to-head against the Lancero.

Just an idea, as we all know no competition format is perfect. Cheers all :cigar:

• benfica_77 changed the title to The Great FOH cigar tournament Finals! CLOSED
  • MoeFOH unpinned this topic